• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

esteem price raise

bnb25

Android Expert
Jan 16, 2012
Michigan
I was just on metro's website and the Esteem is back up to $330. I'm wondering if they did that to try and drive people to buy the connect. From what I've heard the connect hasn't been selling all that well. They are keeping the connect price at 249 while raising the Esteem's price, even though the Esteem lacks the internal power of the connect.

There is a reason why the esteem is so much more than the connect. I believe the connect should be more than the esteem due to the fact that it is a more advanced phone(Or is it?) than the esteem. I honestly consider the esteem a better phone with due to the fact that the connect feels cheaply made.

Upvote 0
I want to see a phone that will beat the esteem in size and quality. Android 4.0 but no 4G. Dual core processor but physical buttons/ small screens. Honestly I think we got a good deal with our phones. It does what I need it to do and is large enough do I can read everything. If only w had an ice cream sandwich update

Upvote 0
The HTC One V will be released on MetroPCS, Virgin Mobile, and U.S. Cellular, as confirmed by an HTC spokesperson. There are no exact details as to when the smarthpone will be made available for purchase, but a June release was mentioned during the device's announcement.

here is the link : HTC One V to launch on MetroPCS, Virgin Mobile, and U.S. Cellular

Upvote 0
off topic but anybody know if the attain is any good for the wifey?

I loved it.

Just pray you get a good one. I had 2 of them before I got the Esteem. the first one didnt pick up 4G even after a PRL upgrade recommended from the corp store. upon not fixxing the issue i purposely bricked it to get a working replacement by telling them the update caused it. The replacemnt had a glitched system that wouldnt reboot with out a battery pull and the shut down animation was a glitched mess. After a week it was in force close hell and it was stuck in a boot loop.

It was an awesome phone (not as cool as the esteem though) overall but I was unlucky to get 2 duds

http://androidforums.com/attain-4g-all-things-root/530411-stuck-bootloop-list-issues-leading.html STILL NO REPLY from any dev :mad:

Upvote 0
The HTC One V will be released on MetroPCS, Virgin Mobile, and U.S. Cellular, as confirmed by an HTC spokesperson. There are no exact details as to when the smarthpone will be made available for purchase, but a June release was mentioned during the device's announcement.

here is the link : HTC One V to launch on MetroPCS, Virgin Mobile, and U.S. Cellular

that garbage still cant compete with the Esteem, they really need to up their game on hardware. I can't ever go back to a smaller screen.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones