• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Esteem users: Who has a tablet here?

Hope you guys don't mind if I ask a question/ for a recommendation.
I was thinking of getting my mom a Tablet because she can no longer hear me when I call her on the phone. She has blown many $1000s on hearing aids with little improvement. So i was thinking if she could text me on a tablet, it would help out. Texting on a phone never really worked for her either mostly because the phone she had was too small and between having a hard time seeing and hitting small buttons she just gave up. So anyways I don't know anything about tablets, I am starting from scratch.

Anyways I was thinking some sort of inexpensive tablet on Wifi would be worth experimenting with to see if she actually get in the habit of using it.

Upvote 0
I have a naxa core 7" tablet, 660mHz, 8gb, Android 2.1, update 1. I couldnt find any rooting info online, but androot did the trick. My new issue is this thing didn't come with ANY Google apps. Gmail, market,YouTube. Any way to get them installed? I cant install them from SD, installation of the market fails everytime. Other apps work, Facebook, titanium backup, root explorer, launcher prom, rom toolbox. I want market tho :/

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones