1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Estimated Data Usage

1. la sal

la sal Well-Known Member

What estimated data usage do you guys hit at the end of the month?

Cricket's monthly limit looks to be 5GB.

I don't think I will even reach 1GB by the end of this month.

Advertisement
    :
  2. la sal

la sal Well-Known Member

I guess no one has rooted their phone and used it as a WiFi hot spot.
  3. tschlicht

tschlicht Member

I guess not. I'm waiting to here some remarks on this too.
    la sal likes this.
  4. la sal

la sal Well-Known Member

I would like to root my phone but the Backup and Freezing steps in the Guide here (after rooting) are not as clear as the rooting process.
  5. Jazziette

Jazziette Well-Known Member

Yeah they have. Lots of users here are using their phones as wifi hotspots. They use Barnacle to tether. Available from the market. You must be rooted!

I don't have a prob hitting it. :p I've never had the hammer put to me by Cricket yet either. :)
    la sal likes this.
  6. la sal

la sal Well-Known Member

Installed Wireless Tether from the Market on my phone. Works well so far with a Netbook we have.

I didn't even hit 1GB this month. Having a PC (with router), netbook, and work PC spreads it out a bit I guess.
  7. Jazziette

I'm waiting for Huawei's new IDEOS S7 tablet to come out late March on Cricket. They say it's terrific and the price is going to be a smoking deal! :)
  8. la sal

la sal Well-Known Member

Saw a Huawei tablet at Best Buy when we picked my wife's Epic from Best Buy's insurance. Not sure of the model but it was pretty slick.
  9. Jazziette

Oh yeah? I bet that was the S7. I read where some retailers in the U.S. already had the tablet. I would imagine if that is the case they might have the X-5 soon as well. I hope Cricket and MetroPCS get it! :D
  10. la sal

la sal Well-Known Member

11. Jazziette

12. la sal

la sal Well-Known Member

Being that it is $300 from Best Buy, what are you hoping Cricket will sell it for?
  13. r0ckstarr

r0ckstarr Well-Known Member

Really? Just 8gb? That's pretty weak considering our phones can handle 16gb. Increase the size of SD compatibility and I would be interested, but 8gb just doesn't do it for me.
    Gmash likes this.
  14. chrisngrod

chrisngrod Member

Actually the current Android plan states
    "Rate plan contains a 1GB data usage level. Once you reach your usage level your speeds will be reduced. See our Fair Use Policy for details."

The 45 dollar plan has no mention of this.

I've been flashing Froyo onto the Barnes and Noble Nook Color. I can tether it to my Droid 2 on Cricket however, I keep a laptop mounted in my vehicle all the time.
    la sal likes this.
  15. la sal

la sal Well-Known Member

Only 1GB...I missed that under their Android plan and was just reading their Fair Use policy.

I'm already at 0.526GB for this month.
  16. mercdizzle

mercdizzle Well-Known Member

17. la sal

la sal Well-Known Member

I've been connecting to Wifi whenever I can to keep my data usage under 1GB for this month. I don't know how someone could keep it under this without the use of Wifi. Pandora and similar apps really eat up a lot of data. I don't want my speed throttled.
  18. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

It's good to use wifi when you can (it's faster anyway), but the throttle isn't as harsh as it could be. You really can't notice much of a difference for just web browsing. The main thing you will notice is youtube takes forever to load, and will freeze up a lot. Also, downloading music, apps or videos will take a LOT longer. Pandora still works fine, though. (it even works on 1x)
    la sal likes this.
  19. la sal

la sal Well-Known Member

When I first got my phone activated at a Cricket store, I only had 1X. I remember youtube wouldn't load properly and it was very frustrating. Connected my phone to the PC and read the manual. I noticed the 3G symbol was missing so I called customer service and reactivated the phone. Youtube ran very smoothly after that.
  20. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

When I first got mine, I had 3g but no data. Turns out they "forgot" to put me on the android plan when I bought my android phone. Lol
    la sal likes this.
  21. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

The $45 plan doesn't include data.
  22. preme777

preme777 Active Member

how do u figure out your data usage?
  23. la sal

la sal Well-Known Member

Go to Cricket's website and login into "My Account" (or sign up for one if you haven't already).

Find "Data Service" (right hand side) and click on "Usage History".
    Gmash likes this.
  24. preme777

preme777 Active Member

when i click on the my account tab all i see is payment information...there is no "data service" or "usage history" tab or button....
  25. la sal

la sal Well-Known Member

Are you doing this from a PC or your phone?