1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Estrongs Can't Connect - Windows 7

Last Updated:

1. phaze3131

phaze3131 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Edit: so ok I was able to finally connect by using admin as the username even though the real username is "poker" in my system.

But now I can't figure out how to transfer files it keeps saying copying failed so not sure the point of this app....

Advertisement
  2. drowe

drowe Well-Known Member

It sounds like you have permission problems. You should be able to log in as "poker" with the password of that account. Once logged in, the droid will have the same rights as the user. Easy question, is file and print sharing enabled?

3. phaze3131

Yea its enabled and I am able to view the folder and copy its elements (this proves that)

It won't let me login as "poker" but if I put in "user" and the password it lets me login, maybe this is the problem.

But it's a catch 22 because maybe because it only lets me login as "user" this is a different "account" without permission.

arghhh

4. phaze3131

Anyone have any ideas?

5. Danimal

Danimal New Member

I don't have any ideas, but I can say that I have the same problem. I can connect to linux based SMB shares, but not Microsoft ones.

The app "Mobile SMB" CAN connect to the win shares, but inter interface is TERRIBLE.