1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

etrade on N1

1. outoffocus

outoffocus Well-Known Member

Just curious if google / vodafone are somehow blocking this app in Europe...

E*TRADE Mobile Pro (Android) - Download

Here's the barcode if anyone wants to try it. It does not show up in market for me.. :(

Advertisement
  2. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

It's not in the Market here either.

I'm on Vodafone too, but bought my phone direct from Google.
  3. outoffocus

Thanks for that. Bought my phone direct as well. Could it be that etrade only released for the US market? If not, why would vodafone block it?

Could someone in the US try and lemmme know. Also would have thought I could find the apk somewhere.. but no luck.
  4. outoffocus

Ok this is pathetic. Why would vodafone block apps from the open google app store? How do I get around this block?

Attached Files:

5. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Take your SIM out and try again?
  6. outoffocus

Thanks tried that. No go. Etrade just told me that the app is only available to customers who can access the US android market.

My only way in is through an apk that someone puts out there (or wait till I'm back in the states...). Looked around the web but can't find it yet.

Like my android experience, but this sucks.
  7. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Well it's not Voda doing it then, it'll be the kind folks who created the app.
  8. Teknologic

Teknologic Well-Known Member

You'd be surprised at all the apps we non-US users are missing. There are quite a few us-only apps, but you'll never notice until you look for them.
    Getting the apk from some willing soul would indeed be your best bet at this point :)
  9. falbhan

falbhan Member

I've got the E*Trade app on my N1. It's okay, but I'm disappointed in what it offers. More often than not I end up on their website via the browser to get info from my accounts that is not available from the app. Happy to send the apk, just let me know how. Al
    outoffocus likes this.
  10. outoffocus

Falbhan, Thanks for that. Yes please. I'll send you a pm.

It's early days. I'm sure the app will get better. Hitting the site sort of works. I'd like to do more with tracking stocks and all that.

Also to be honest. The new google market online freaked me out a bit. Not that I don't trust them with security, but they have so much of me on file now. I'm moving a few things off of their cloud starting with my finances.
  11. juvezio

juvezio Member

Hi Falbhan and outoffocus,

Can you send me the etrade apk . i have pm you.

Thank you very much
  12. outoffocus

I'd send it to you if I had it to send.
  13. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

14. juvezio

juvezio Member

Hi Mod,
    Sorry didn't explain well, the ""Etrade mobile pro" was previously available globally. I installed it back to Dec 2010. Until recently, i flash my x10 and I could not find it again in the "Market". I think it is now only available in US.

If you can download it, can you pls send the APK to me.

Thank you very much
  15. juvezio

juvezio Member

Hi all,

I have managed to install it finally.

Thank you very much
  16. Teknologic

Teknologic Well-Known Member

Well you did it, congratulations. Was it worth it? :p
  17. outoffocus

I still don't have it. Thought android was supposed to be open. Yeah, I know it's not android doing the blocking.. Yahoo finance app is also not available on non US markets. This sucks.
  18. juvezio

juvezio Member

Hi,

You can try to use "market enabler" , you need to root your phone first
  19. juvezio

juvezio Member

Yes, it is. I have etrade account. so i can do trading with my mobile anywhere @ anytime
  20. outoffocus

Just fyi.. on my last visit to the States I downloaded and installed yahoo finance and etrade mobile pro.

Now living in Africa again the apps auto update fine. Etrade works great. Yahoo finance crashes on started pretty much every time. Unusable. Not sure if this is some kind of int'l block or that the app does not like N1.
  21. ikandroid

ikandroid New Member

When I wanted to download tit to my phone, the system showed me this message:

"This app is incompatible with your Orange HTC HTC Incredible S.
    Orange HTC HTC Incredible S
    This item cannot be installed in your device's country."

SO I take that Etrade or US authorities do not let the app go abroad....
    Those guys seem to be unreal........
  22. coresnake

coresnake New Member

Hi there can you also send me the apk, I'm in the same boat as you guys. I would really like to use this app and MarketEnabler isn't working for me.