1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

EU 2.1 update 2....do you lose root?

1. spottyelephant

spottyelephant Well-Known Member

Has anyone applied the 2.1 update Moto have been rolling out across Europe the last couple weeks?

More importantly - do you lose root?!

Advertisement
  2. halimsahlan

halimsahlan New Member

if u update it with the OTA you will definitely lose root. i've tried that. and you can't just apply the update.zip. you need to re-flash the vulnerable recovery before you can apply the update zip. So i suggest if you want to update do it manually. the update do helps with the alarm problem. So far i've not have any alarm problems. i hope it stays that way
    spottyelephant likes this.
  3. spottyelephant

spottyelephant Well-Known Member

Hmm, i might skip it so. If it turns out they decide not to go froyo, then i'll apply it. But i can live with the occasional music player start until then!
  4. kamazz

kamazz Member

Can someone put to link with the new OTA update plz.ty
  5. LifeInAnalog

LifeInAnalog Well-Known Member

...I can't find anything on the interweb about update 2? Is it out in Europe right now?
  6. halimsahlan

halimsahlan New Member

Actually it's not update 2. its an update for 2.1 probably for Europe its the second update thats why the threadster refered to it as update 2. I'm in singapore and i'm using Europe's update so yeah it should be out in Europe. It's build number SHOLS_U2_02.36.0