• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

EVAC HD: Another hit from Hexage.net!

Great quality game. I'm having just a tad bit of trouble being precise with the on-screen control....trying to go up/down and then when halfway up/down in an area then moving to right or left (it just wants to keep going in the up/down direction until I hit a wall), but guess I'll get used to it.

That's good news about those HD makeovers. I'm glad now I waited to buy the full versions. Can't wait!

My complaint, exactly. The d-pad is way too small for me. Hexage ought to take a tip from the d-pad used in Minisquadron - that one worked perfectly.

Upvote 0
Hey Essex! Hexage mentioned you on Twitter earlier today.

I am enjoying the competition :)

Nice to know my efforts aren't in vain:) I'm loving the competition too, "TheSystem"... Once I saw that you beat my score, I HAD to (1) beat the game, and (2) push my score to 2 million. Not sure if I'm ever gonna catch the top score, though. "I Luv Hexage" is on a whole 'nother level!

Upvote 0
The music is absolutely amazing! Really, the music alone takes this game to another level because it helps to enhance the atmosphere. The music and sound effects are very well done, probably the best I've heard on an Android game.

So true!!! I love this game & I'm hooked already. I'm only upto level 7 & the moment. The only gripe I have with the game are the controls. I moved the joypad to the right hand side and that helped alot. The music IS stunning though,I just can't fault it.

I'll be looking into getting more hexage games in the future.

Upvote 0
Nice to know my efforts aren't in vain:) I'm loving the competition too, "TheSystem"... Once I saw that you beat my score, I HAD to (1) beat the game, and (2) push my score to 2 million. Not sure if I'm ever gonna catch the top score, though. "I Luv Hexage" is on a whole 'nother level!

"I Luv Hexage" is really up there with his/her top score.

I think i may be close, still need to complete 23 an 24.

Upvote 0
no trial, no purchase! peerless, really?

As TheSystem mentioned, there was a lite version in the Market. I'm sure it will pop up again soon.

And in terms of consistent quality, and support, Hexage is peerless. Whether you like their games or not (not a big Buka fan myself), the quality of their games is undeniable. What other developer on Android has released as many professional, quality games as Hexage? Perhaps one could make an argument for Gameloft (but they don't support the Market, so I don't support Gameloft), but outside of Hexage and Gameloft, I can't think of many developers that have produced several* quality games for Android. I stand by my choice of words in the OP...

*"Several" is the key qualifier here. Of course there are plenty of developers that have produced a single quality game, such as Rovio (Angry Birds), or GYCO Productions (River Blast), or SkyVu Productions (Battle Bears). Then there are the "hit-or-miss" developers like Glu, polarbit, and Camel Games who have a mix of games that range from quality (Super KO Boxing 2, Reckless Racing, Raging Thunder 1 and 2, and Hyper Jump) to other less impressive titles. (I won't name names. Momma always told me that if you can't say something nice...).

Upvote 0
It appears that EVAC Lite is available in the Market, shows from my Evo.

evac.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones