EVDO Rev. A upload speeds?Support

Last Updated:

1. apexz

apexz Member This Topic's Starter

[​IMG]

My Moment shows Rev. A in the system status but never gets over 144kbps upload (Rev 0 speeds) any ideas as to whats causing this?

[​IMG]

Both tests were in the Raleigh, NC area.

Advertisement
  2. zcarman

zcarman Well-Known Member

Isn't 700k max on Rev. A? Which would make the average area somewhere around 350k? Lower signal areas or high traffic areas should cut that in about half? I would think 140-160 is pretty normal for high usage times.

I'll run mine (Seattle, WA) in a bit and see where it comes out and edit this with speeds...

I'm pulling 1.7Mbps download and 58.6Kbps uploads in Monroe, WA - about 20 miles off I-5. The closer I get to the freeway the faster the speeds get though.

3. apexz

My download speeds have varied a lot based on signal and time of day but uploads have never been above 144kbps even in the middle of the night. I had the same exact upload speeds on my old phone which was rev. 0 only, that's what I thought was a little off.

4. ydoucare

ydoucare Active Member

A Rev A data card can do 500 k up pretty easily. My old Novatel U720 could peak at over 1 Mb up. My old Touch Diamond could do 300ish. The Moment, for whatever reason, seems to hit a wall at around 140, which is around Rev 0 in terms of upload.

5. zcarman

zcarman Well-Known Member

Man, I wish my uploads would hit 140k... So far, I've tested in Monroe, WA - 58.6k, Everett, WA - 56.2k and Lynnwood, WA - 58.6k (all just north of Seattle)...

Seems like a minor radio tweak would be in order for the 2.1 update for me!!!

The tech also said a clean install of CL14 may help the issue - since "Sometimes flashing doesn't work right."

Right now in Monroe: 1x connection - 600k download - 57.1k upload... SAD! :(

OK, just installed the Speedtest.net program on the phone (was using Xtremelabs yesterday) and I am pulling 1.4 to 1.7Mbps down and .13 to .14Mbps up...

Question is, is this the phone/radio or the network being throttled down to allow for more consistent traffic across the network?

6. apexz

[​IMG]

Well upload speeds seem to be much better after the 2.1 update. Must be something to do with 2.1 natively supporting CDMA

7. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

I ran it two times back to back:

1st run:

1.77 Mbps
    0.30 MBps

2nd run:

2.24 Mbps
    0.35 Mbps

I am running 2.1 update 1 DD10 and Joey's root v6 (I think its v6, the one that was tweaked to allow better root access) I didn't flash v7.

8. apexz

I'm running Calkulin's 2.1 V1.3a ROM. I think its running V5 Root.

9. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is in suburban chicago

[​IMG]

10. momentoid

momentoid Well-Known Member

Even though I'm located in a city and right next to an Interstate hwy with 5-bar signal strength, my connection always results around 580kbps, 137kbps, and ping varies between 69-449ms.

In speedtest.net app, for some reason the nearest server shown under "Settings > Change Server" is Wichita, KS at 46mi, which is nearly 1000mi away. After changing server to a closer city, the connection speeds do not improve.

Does anyone know how to tell speedtest.net my correct geographic location?