Even the slightest chance of it coming to Verizon?General

Last Updated:

1. lawnboy

lawnboy Well-Known Member

Just got the Samsung S4, but wonder if there is even the slightest chance of the Nexus 5 coming to Verizon?

Advertisement
  2. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Well-Known Member

I wish I could say yes, but the sad truth is No!

It would honestly be a miracle if it happened.
  3. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin' Moderator

The FCC document essentially ruled out all possibility since it shows that it doesn't support Verizon's main LTE frequency.
  4. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

Unfortunately, no pie for big red
  5. ignignokt

ignignokt Member

As a VZW Galaxy Nexus owner, I think its a long shot as well. My only hope is that it is announced months after (like the HTC One) or some megaton like voLTE is ready super early.

Either way, its looking like im going to jump ship.
  6. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Yeah, no go on the N5 on VZW, sadly. Shoot, we are still waiting on the N7 LTE, and that should have been automatic due to Block C regs. I thought next year's phone would have a chance if it was VOLTE. But now I'm not so sure about that either.
  7. burntsushi

burntsushi Member

Yup, me too. If the Nexus 5 isn't available for Verizon at launch, I'm switching over to T-mobile. It will suck losing the coverage of Verizon, but it seems T-mobile is good enough in my area after conversing with others who have it.
    Crude and Rxpert83 like this.
  8. bjacks12

bjacks12 Well-Known Member

Verizon would find a way to ruin the Nexus 5 if they got it anyway.
  9. Masongill22

Masongill22 New Member

You know its a 50/50 chance really. Verizon is just so picky about branding their phones. I am surprised they have any. But for sure the nexus 5 will be amazing.
  10. woodythegreat

woodythegreat Member

I doubt it. The Galaxy Nexus was a big flop and they declined the new Nexus 7 from working on their network. I know Google likes to spread the love but in case I dont think its going to happen.
  11. wffd40

wffd40 Member

The Nexus 7 will work, you just have to have a SIM card from another Verizon tablet to put in the Nexus. I jumped through hoops for a few days trying to get it to work. Verizon is ridiculous.
  12. woodythegreat

woodythegreat Member

Oh wow I didnt know but thats crazy you had to do all of that just to get the device YOU wanted to work :confused:
  13. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin' Moderator

Nevermind the fact that they're breaking federal regulations by denying to give you a new sim card. :banghead:
  14. recDNA

recDNA Well-Known Member

It was a flop because it had a crappy 3G radio. If it had good radios it could have been a huge success imo.
  15. CarLunchBox

CarLunchBox Active Member

I would love for the Nexus 5 to come to Verizon! Unfortunately I know it's a loooooong shot for that to happen. I would love to just jump ship and go with TMobile our even att but a few factors keep me from just doing that; 1st: through my friends experiences with TMobile and att, they have expressed disappointment with their coverage and signals in my area.... the coverage, signal, and reliability I have with Verizon is dang near flawless in my area and many others for that matter... And 2nd: I have unlimited data with Verizon that I sure as heck do not want to give up anytime soon!
  16. garywojdan81

garywojdan81 Member

Play store says T-Mobile & Sprint. Nothing about VZW.
  17. Mr. Glass

Mr. Glass Active Member

With the current state of the VZW network (no VoLTE), what would happen if you took a carrier/subsidy unlocked Sprint Nexus 5 and put a VZW sim card in it from another LTE Android device?
  18. btmosley72

btmosley72 Member

I dont know if the sprint would work. I guess you would have to look at the FCC antenna filings. Maybe?

I know that it will not come to VZW but i have to say here, out in the sticks, my T-Mo service could be better, and not much worse. That is the only reason I would want a VZW N5. Otherwise they will never get another cent.
  19. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

You'd likely get 4g, but i dont think youd get voice or 3g
  20. recDNA

recDNA Well-Known Member

I'd be happy to hear the N6 will be at Verizon. N5 is impossible. Doesn't have the right radio capability.