Evenin' all...

Last Updated:

1. Android222

Android222 Member This Topic's Starter

Jul 17, 2010
    Not quite sure where to start in terms of introductions but I'll give it a crack all the same.

I'm John from Scotland, been the proud owner of an HTC Desire for a week and a bit now.

Haven't previously had an android handset and after the debacle and nonsense of Nokia's Ovi Store and their apps constantly crashing my 5800 xpress music, I can't say I was overly keen to get involved in anything similar.

However when it was contract renewal time I was running about doing my research looking for the best handset on the market I found article after article on reasons not to get an iphone4 and nothiing at all warning me off a Desire.

The fact that I'm a lefty and Apple's "just hold it a different way" response confirmed my decision - HTC is for me.

I've been blown away by the handset - it's everything I wanted from the Nokia 5800 and more, I haven't regretted my decision to switch away from Nokia for a second.

I've read through the site rules and they seem pretty cool and grown up. They also seem to attempt to address some of the unhelpful and unsavoury stuff you see elsewhere so Kudos to the guys and girls involved in putting them together.

I guess I'm here primarily to find out more about my Desire, to get the best performance out of it and to solve any problems I might have - the ones with the solutions that are staring me in the face usually....

So yeah, that's me.

2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Nov 28, 2009

I personally am glad to hear that you have read the site rules! :) ... and the joys of the OviStore... don't miss that at all!!!

Feel free to jump into the forums and ask questions or comment on anything you see/read!
  3. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

Jan 11, 2010