Events Not Saving in the CalendarSupport

1. mxsjw

mxsjw Well-Known Member

When I add an event and hit the save button, I see it till I close out of the calendar then try and get back to it. Then it's gone. I've tried to add the event via the stock app, LPP Calendar, and CalWidget...all with the same results, I can add, but try to get back to it or refresh the widget and it's gone.
    What the heck am I doing wrong?:confused:

ETA+++When I add an event from my desktop via gmail, it does save and is viewable on the X...why wont the ones added with phone save to either the phone or gmail???

Advertisement
  2. Nolesfan

Nolesfan Well-Known Member

I have entered events on my Google calendar and they had showed up on my phone, but now they are gone. They are still on my calendar if I check the computer. I tried a battery pull and a reboot, but they still don't show. I also tried doing a manual sync. Still nothing. Any ideas?
  3. mxsjw

mxsjw Well-Known Member

But, by the end of last week most events started saving...I use three calenders synced to the phone.

When event is added to:
    The phone, it shows on the phone, Hotmail, and Gmail
    In Hotmail, it shows on the phone and Hotmail
    In Gmail, it shows on the phone and Gmail.

But, I'm still having some saving problems...some events just disappear when added.
  4. spb331

spb331 Member

I have just started having this problem - event is saved until I leave the calendar, or go in to modify the event. Were you able to find a solution?
  5. mxsjw

mxsjw Well-Known Member

I didn't "find" a solution...it just started working. I don't know/remember what I changed, but it works perfectly now.

The only thing that is a bit funky is adding birthdays to contacts and having them show on the calender using googles "hack". Pretty much all of them show up, but I tried to add a new contact to the phone to get my nephew's bday to show, and it doesn't show up on the phone's calender. It's in the contact, it on the online gmail calender, but not on the phone's...weird.
  6. Btros

Btros Well-Known Member

This happened to me for a while when I first got my phone, and I could NOT figure out what it was...sometimes it work, sometimes as soon as I put an event in it would disappear, but when I put it in through my gmail, it would save and sync just fine.

I finally figured out that it was when I was at work and had my wifi on but was not actually connected (you need a code to get online at my work). When I was using only 3G or when I had put in the wifi code, it saved and synced. Not sure if that's what happened with anybody else, but it sounds similar.