Ever have your Droid go nuts?

Last Updated:

1. andychn

andychn Member This Topic's Starter

I was getting ready to walk the dog. Put on my blutooth headphones and went to startup Listen so I could hear my fave podcast. I go to swipe and nutin! I swipe and swipe and then suddenly the screen opens and then the stupid thing goes nuts as if it's running a QA random thing. I yank the batt... it reboots and it still it this random input psychotic state. I'm now trying a second reboot... it's taking A LONG time...
    Nope... the screen ignores me. Back to Verizon.
    I WAS a major Droid fan, but this is BAD BAD BAD. I want to just fling it full force into a wall. POS:mad:

Advertisement
  2. andychn

Tried a hard reboot. It comes back with the activate screen and is still psychotic. Verizon says it's dead and they are sending me a reconditioned replacement.

THIS SUXSUXSUX!!!! BIG POS!!!!!

3. nstallion

nstallion Well-Known Member

Sounds like a touch screen issue. This occasionally happens to me if moisture gets on the screen but is fixed by resetting for me.

Sorry for your Droid troubles.

4. skunkpbguy

skunkpbguy Well-Known Member

I shot the sheriff, but my Droid killed the deputy! Other than this, nothing nuts going on here..

5. andychn

My Droid DOES....

not work!

6. trnscnd

trnscnd New Member

Yup.. mine did it the other night after I ended a phone call. It was going ballistic and I could do nothing to stop it. It irritated me enough that it had a nice encounter with the concrete. I'm being shipped a replacement which should be here tomorrow.

7. deftdrummer

deftdrummer Well-Known Member

My Droid goes nuts every now and then, but then again it gets a lot more crap done when its actually working. Lately my headphone jack produces static and music plays automatically when the thing is on the desk. My Droid may have caught when Emily Rose did.

Moto Droid 2.1 Bugless Beast v.9 Adamz smoked glass

8. refuzeandrezizt

refuzeandrezizt Well-Known Member

Mine does weird chit all the time. Never quite as bad as you are seeing, but just random crap here and there. Who knows, mine may be on the list of being possessed also one day. I sure hope not though.

9. SAFE_2006

SAFE_2006 Active Member

Mine did the same thing after I cleaned the screen with a baby wipe...this is my second Droid. I just cleaned it and did a hard reset, and same as new. Keep the faith in Droid.:cool:

10. Flahusky

Flahusky Well-Known Member

I get the random touch screen freak out, i just pull the battery wait a few minutes then pop the battery back on and its good. As someone noted its moisture from the air (server room to typical hot/humid Fla. day) :D
    Worse case it takes 10 mins to 'normalize'(rainy days or muggy).
    My iPhone had similar issues, where the screen wouldn't respond etc etc.

11. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

My favorite was when I tried putting an incompatible OC kernel on CM and when it finally rebooted it just gave me constant force closes over and over until I yanked the battery. Thank god for nandroid backups ;).
    Other than that, nothing too crazy here.

12. waremaster

waremaster Well-Known Member

My droid did that out of the blue one day. It started scrolling back and forth, opening and closing apps by itself then started dialing random #'s. I called Verizon and had it replaced in the store. It troubles me that more and more people are starting to have this issue. I was hoping it was an isolated incident.

13. Trident

Trident VIP Member VIP Member

Mine did the same off and on for a few days in a row. It hasn't happened in a while though.

14. andychn

Verizon got me a reconditioned replacement in 12 hours. In better shape then the Droid that went bonkers that I got 5 minutes after they started selling them... dings and all...:)

15. SlaveUnit

SlaveUnit Well-Known Member

Mine did the same thing last week. My replacement will be here today. It did this for 2 days. A battery pull, nothing would fix it.

Yeah it's not a good sign that this seems to be happening to others at about the same time.

16. johnrigu

johnrigu Well-Known Member

my droid was doing freaky stuff with my wife AGAIN :eek:, while i was in the other room playing Call of duty mw2.
    This needs to stop.
    I can't replace the droid with its cousin the "incredible" as a replacement because just look at the name. "incredible"
    I'll never have my wife to myself. ugh