• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Ever since I rooted my G1 . . .

dystopias

Lurker
Nov 16, 2009
it worked well for a while but now everything seems a bit slow. And seemingly randomly it will pop up a window saying that an application has stopped responding and ask if i want to wait or to force close. If i press wait it usually pops back to normal in a few seconds.

I would love to know how to fix this or else I will have to un-root it, as it is so slow as to be almost unusable.

any ideas? anyone have this problem?

thanks!

it worked well for a while but now everything seems a bit slow. And seemingly randomly it will pop up a window saying that an application has stopped responding and ask if i want to wait or to force close. If i press wait it usually pops back to normal in a few seconds.

I would love to know how to fix this or else I will have to un-root it, as it is so slow as to be almost unusable.

any ideas? anyone have this problem?

thanks!

This happens with some rooted builds and depends on what apps you might run as well as widgets ....

Suggest you remove all widgets from desltop pages and see if you get difference ...

Upvote 0
i just downloaded cmupdater and it says no roms found. . .

i'm not sure how to tell what rom i'm using but i can tell you that this is what my phone says under settings, about phone:

firmware version:
kernel version:
2.6.27-00392-g8312baf
jesusfreke@spork #2
build number:
crb43

does that help?
I'll try removing widgets now - all i have widget wise is:
weatherbug, calendar, and countdown widget (29 days until mexico vacation!)

thanks for your help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones