• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Ever want to smash yr phone and start again?

Hello. Having just cache cleaned, killed certain inessential processes, my htc desire has become sluggish, unresponsive and has lost my news feed from the BBC. Ever wanted to destroy yr Device and start agin? Have just cache and history cleaned my HTC Desire have lost my news app, phone really sluggish and browser acts as if having psycho-motor issues. Have lost my news feed frm the BBC, phone acts as if drunk etc. Tempted to factory restate, but its this necessary? All I want is my BBC news back and myy phone to run smoothy again. Am not rooted, but have app's installed that 'might've' caused issues. Please advise whether should factory reset or... Where's my BBC news reader gone? Pls help or handset meeting hammer soon! List of apps available to share/show on appbrain. Losing patience in a dangerously fast way. Help pls, should I factory reset & start over? Help/advice pls. J.

Thank's for yr reply. Am frustrated, as you picked up on, as have been trying to figure this out for too long. I use certain apps to get my handset running as fast & smoothly as possible w/out rooting (which I am extremely interested in, though I cannot rely on the mixed msg's pro and con I've read, and the fact that I cannot afford to brick my device. Have heard much of one-click rooters, but again don't know I can trust them, maybe you've ideas/suggestions about these apps?)
There is a list of my app's both in & uninstalled at AppBrain: http://www.appbrain.com/user/UnholySpirit. I hope that link helps. Am finding my device running so slowly and glitchy that reckon the factory reset is close to re-happening. Would greatly appreciate all yr ideas and help. J.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones