Every browser closes immediately (Not a force close either)Support

Last Updated:

1. Nadool

Nadool New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello all,

I searched and searched before deciding to start this thread but nothing comes close. My girlfriend just received her Droid 2 the other day and I have been helping her set it up. There was an available update so I had it installed.

Now every time we try to use a browser, any browser, it opens for a second and then it closes to the Home screen right away. No force close, no error message, just poof and it's gone. I didn't install many apps to it like my Captivate because I figured less is more for her. She added her facebook and MySpace accounts but that's about it really.

I looked all over the past few hours and found similar issues but none quite the same. I cleared the cache, cleared the data, nothing. 3G or WiFi made no difference. I tried with the stock browser, Skyfire, Dolphin, and xScope and same results across the board. I turned all location settings off and back on and back off again to no avail.

I just did a factory reset 15 minutes ago and nothing has changed. I am going to do it again without allowing the Backup Assistant to do anything. I'll make a fresh google account to see if there's a difference there but I don't think it will work.

It's not rooted or anything, it's pretty much fresh out of the box from only 3 days ago.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Now I love my Captivate 100x more than I did before lol!

Advertisement
  2. RJT185

RJT185 VIP Member VIP Member

Time to take it to the store, and let the pro's handle it.

3. infil

infil Well-Known Member

stupid question but applied to me...no lil bits of crap on the screen right?

I called my wife 11 times today in 3 minutes due to a chunk of...something...resembling my finger sitting on the screen hehe.

4. defkorn

defkorn Well-Known Member

This happens to me when I'm browsing a website with lots of flash content. But as infil said, there could be something triggering the home button to be pressed.