Support Every browser closes immediately (Not a force close either)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Nadool, Aug 27, 2010.

1. Nadool

Nadool New Member

Jul 27, 2010
    Hello all,

I searched and searched before deciding to start this thread but nothing comes close. My girlfriend just received her Droid 2 the other day and I have been helping her set it up. There was an available update so I had it installed.

Now every time we try to use a browser, any browser, it opens for a second and then it closes to the Home screen right away. No force close, no error message, just poof and it's gone. I didn't install many apps to it like my Captivate because I figured less is more for her. She added her facebook and MySpace accounts but that's about it really.

I looked all over the past few hours and found similar issues but none quite the same. I cleared the cache, cleared the data, nothing. 3G or WiFi made no difference. I tried with the stock browser, Skyfire, Dolphin, and xScope and same results across the board. I turned all location settings off and back on and back off again to no avail.

I just did a factory reset 15 minutes ago and nothing has changed. I am going to do it again without allowing the Backup Assistant to do anything. I'll make a fresh google account to see if there's a difference there but I don't think it will work.

It's not rooted or anything, it's pretty much fresh out of the box from only 3 days ago.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Now I love my Captivate 100x more than I did before lol!

Advertisement

2. RJT185

RJT185 VIP Member
    VIP Member

Aug 21, 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Time to take it to the store, and let the pro's handle it.

3. infil

infil Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2010
    Mechanic
    Staten Island, NY
    stupid question but applied to me...no lil bits of crap on the screen right?

I called my wife 11 times today in 3 minutes due to a chunk of...something...resembling my finger sitting on the screen hehe.

4. defkorn

defkorn Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    This happens to me when I'm browsing a website with lots of flash content. But as infil said, there could be something triggering the home button to be pressed.