Every Gmail ever sent showing in contacts?

Last Updated:

1. Alobar

Alobar New Member This Topic's Starter

New to the forum.
    Searched for a while can't figure this out.
    I would like to be able to press one button that will bring up my contacts. Contacts meaning people that I call. When I get to the the "All" part of my contacts it is listing like 900 contacts. ALL the people I have EVER emailed from my gmail account. I really only need about 50 contacts in here that I call on a regular basis. Do I have to erase every contact in there and start over?

Advertisement
  2. Alobar

Alobar New Member This Topic's Starter

Is there an app that would enable me to just click it and my contacts would come up. As in the "all" section?

3. milrtime83

milrtime83 Well-Known Member

To show only your actual contacts and not everyone you have emailed go into Contacts > press menu > Display Options > tap your email to expand it > uncheck "all other contacts"

Then when you go to your "all" contacts section it will only show your actual contacts and not the rest that you don't want.

4. gunsnroses

gunsnroses Well-Known Member

when i try 2 text and search in contacts all gmail accoun contacts appear including phone contacts which is not needed how can i get rid of gmail contacts.

5. Medion

Medion Well-Known Member

Log into your GMAIL account from your PC. Click the "gear" icon in the upper right corner and select "mail settings."

Under the general tab, scroll down and look for "Create Contacts for auto-complete" and change it to "I'll add contacts myself."

Next, click "Contacts" in the upper left. Go to your "Other" contacts, highlight all, and hit delete. You will no longer have any contacts that you don't or didn't manually add yourself.