• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Everybody thinks its iphone4

i was on the train an a lady asked me , is that a 16 or 32?? nd iam like what are you talking about??? AND SHE REPLIES the Iphone, I smile and say this rite here is not an Iphone, as soon as I say that everyone stare at my phone, I just smile, and kept playing with it, I live my Evo:D

And then they all pointed at you and let out a high pitched shreak? (Like in that Body Snatchers movie)

Upvote 0
coming from a 3gs, im still kinda partial to apple... when the iphone came out it was groundbreaking.

and futhermore. wed have no EVo, we have no capactive touch screens. we have no sensor that turned the screen off when you put it to your face, wed have no accelarameter.
Well Im sure wed have them eventually, but not as good as they are now, so when something sets the standard, it takes a while for it to lose that distinction.
Just look at FORD motor company.. they are the only ones that didnt take/need the bail out, because they were first to the game. And when you talk about a truck, you dont say a truck, you say a ford... even though some HATE ford!. so its kinda funny that every smart phone that has come out, is being called an iphone. It did too many things too well for too long. Now that theyve caught up! THANK GOD!.. MAYBE THE EVO

Upvote 0
It's ridiculous how many people think it's an iPhone.

One of my co-workers caught me watching today's World Cup game on my EVO and asked if that was the new iPhone. I chuckled and said "No, it's the EVO from Sprint" She replied with "oh, so it's an iPhone look-alike". I simply shook my head, and said "Yeah, only better." and I walked away.
Except for the iphone look a like comment of yours the same thing happen to me last week. Except that he was actually liking it the more he watched. Being that I got that white cover from Radio shack he and a few others think it is an iphone.
Flash forward to today, and I see him with one. lol So I returned the favor and asked him is that an iPhone, he laughed.

TS

Upvote 0
Just look at FORD motor company.. they are the only ones that didnt take/need the bail out, because they were first to the game. And when you talk about a truck, you dont say a truck, you say a ford... even though some HATE ford

I don't know what knd of podunk sideways town you live in but no sane person calls all trucks fords lol. I have never heard anyone refer to any truck or car other then a ford as a "ford". If you walk up to a guy loading stuff into his chevy or dodge truck and tell him he's got a nice ford, you deserve to get punched in the face.

Reactions: Covert_Death
Upvote 0
I don't know what knd of podunk sideways town you live in but no sane person calls all trucks fords lol. I have never heard anyone refer to any truck or car other then a ford as a "ford". If you walk up to a guy loading stuff into his chevy or dodge truck and tell him he's got a nice ford, you deserve to get punched in the face.

Of course they would get mad...their jealousy of NOT having a Ford would instantly send them into a rage :D

@OP: Glad u got that sticker off of there!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones