1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Everyday Use - Apps

1. j0hnh0lmes

j0hnh0lmes Well-Known Member

What apps do you use on a daily basis?

My List:
    Advanced Task Killer
    Facebook Touch
    Flick Defense (Awesome Game)

Advertisement
    :
  2. suyash1

suyash1 Well-Known Member

gmail
    tweetcaster
    facebook for android red from xda
    k9 email
    and of course the dialer, contact
  3. j0hnh0lmes

how is that facebook app?
  4. suyash1

its the same except its all red and an older version before the new update. i needed to push it thru adb other wise it didnt work for me so thinking it needs root
  5. j0hnh0lmes

Nobody else want to join this nice discussion?
  6. bdc

bdc Member

Sure - here's my top used apps (outside of standard apps like Browser):

K9 Mail
    TuneWiki
    Google Voice
    The Weather Channel
    SportsTap (not daily, but frequent)
  7. behold_this

behold_this Well-Known Member

8. lych

lych Well-Known Member

I use:
    Skyfire
    Advanced task killer
    Messenger
    Weatherbug elite
  9. #1indahoodg

#1indahoodg Well-Known Member

People please quit using taskkiller apps on your phone it drains the battery even worse than the phone on its own. I'm using a custom ROM from this forum and using a app called autokiller which uses the built in android system to free up memory but it has presets to can choose to make the the built in management work faster I'm getting like 24 to 30 hours on a single charge WITHOUT A TASKKILLER APP!
  10. lych

lych Well-Known Member

I don't have atk setup to kill tasks automatically in the background. I know its not good for the phone. I only use it to close certain apps manually as needed. Some apps don't allow my phone to sleep correctly. It doesn't even load at startup on my phone. You should be careful with autokiller as it can be just as bad as a task killer if set too aggressive.
  11. j0hnh0lmes

Give me a proven result please. I'm currently on my 2nd day with no charge. I'll most likely be able to make it through the day without charging it.

Same ^^ I only manually kill apps when needed but it auto starts. I have auto kill on my wifes phone but that's b/c she doesn't understand that everything keeps running after you exit out and her phone bogs down and I have to hear her cry. Auto kill = save face.
  12. lych

lych Well-Known Member

You might want to check out an app called Autostarts. It allows you to disable apps from automatically starting up when the phone boots. Its similar to msconfig.
  13. j0hnh0lmes

There is an option for it to auto start. Doesn't bug me b/c I use it often enough and usually have about 100mb of ram free.
  14. trav2001

trav2001 Well-Known Member

I use:

Messaging
    OperaMini
    K9 Mail
    Beautiful Widgets
    AK Notepad
    NFL News
    Andoku Sudoku
    PandaHome
  15. j0hnh0lmes

How are you liking Panda Home? I noticed it's more of a resource hog & slower than ADW.
  16. trav2001

It is, but I run 1.5 on my phone and ADW i don't believe is available for it. But it's FAR, FAR better than the BH2's stock home screen(s).
  17. mwl1119

mwl1119 Well-Known Member

18. trav2001

because I can't get my BH2 flashed to anything else. I run windows 7 and I can't get the drivers installed to be able to flash my phone. I've tried all the tricks that everyone on this forum has given me to try and still not able to do so. Sooo, I'm done with messing it. There is nothing wrong with 1.5 and my phone does everything I need. So I just leave it alone.
  19. #1indahoodg

Tell T-Mobile if you have insurance that something is wrong with your phone and they will send you a replacement with 1.6 on the new phone and just send your old one back to them. P.S. make sure you take out your old SD Card before sending back your old phone..
  20. trav2001

because that would be me telling a lie. and I don't do that. plus i could care less about having anything newer. my phone works perfectly fine for me.
  21. j0hnh0lmes

T-mobile sends out the refurbs with 1.5 now due to the 1.6 pull.
  22. mwl1119

I have windows 7 and flashed my Behold 2 when I had it.
  23. #1indahoodg

I don't know what your talking about I did just what I said and T-Mobile sent me a new phone with the stock 1.6 on the phone, trust me I've done this like 3 times already.
  24. suyash1

yea i flash my bh2 with win7 too. has no problem but that was probably because i got the 32 bit instead of the 64 when i upgraded
  25. mwl1119

Mine is 64-bit