Everyone should get $30 credit!!!General

1. DroidRX

DroidRX Active Member

Pre-ordered mine online on the 19th. I called the day after I received my phone and the first rep I got couldn't credit my CC but credited my monthly bill for $30. Woo-hoo!
  2. marcelob

marcelob Well-Known Member

Tried getting my $30 credit but it didn't work.

The CSR lady that helped me actually knew her stuff and wasn't fooled by my shenanigans.
  3. Flyguy94

Flyguy94 Well-Known Member

Just got off the phone with very nice lady who couldn't find the code:(. But didn't think I was making it up so she credited my account 30.00. I have always had good luck with their customer support:D
  4. Sean1208

Sean1208 Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot for this. I just used it a few minutes ago, so it's definitely still valid. I called and told them I had already pre ordered when I received the email, and after about five or ten minutes with the CSR looking for it and not finding the code, she suddenly did, and credited my account $30. Not a new customer, been with Verizon for years.
  5. genekim1

genekim1 Member

Well, no go for me. She asked where I got the code, I said email, and she wanted me to send it to her address.

Why didn't I get the email? I guess I can't call again, because she probably noted that on my account.
  6. lewarkmd

lewarkmd Member

I just called and got the $30 credit. My Incredible ended up only costing me $69.99!!!
  7. nyjetsfan28

nyjetsfan28 Well-Known Member

How in the world did you get it for $69.99? Online order? I purchased mine in the store with my NE2 and I'm $199.99 AFTER mail in rebate. :mad:
  8. nyjetsfan28

nyjetsfan28 Well-Known Member

Wait, so the online $100 credit is in addition to the $100 mail in rebate that the stores are offering? That's a huge price difference between the store and website if true.
  9. NightStalker

NightStalker Well-Known Member

I used the contact us link as well. The first response asked me to send in a copy of the notification which I dumped to PDF from a link on the verizon web site that someone included in a thread yesterday. After E-mailing the "ad" I got an E-mail back that they were applying the $30 to my account. In my original E-mail I expressed my disappointment that some people were getting this discount, so I wanted it a well.
  10. jamesoja

jamesoja Well-Known Member

Just phoned CSR, she stated that the code was good for new or adding a line. She asked me to read her the exact words of the promo screen. I told her no where does it state any terms, other then the use by date, she said "you are correct." At that point she gladly took care of it and credited the account. I never do NE2, only 1 yr contracts so this brought the phone down to $199, not bad. Thanks to coastal_C for the image.
  11. dsauch

dsauch Active Member

i was told by csr just now that the first time you do ne2 - its 100, second - 50, third 30... and they refused to credit me 30 for the coupon...
    sucks.
    I am at 299-100-50=149

UPDATE! called again, got a different rep. After giving her the URL to the coupon - all set!
    149-30=119!!

awesome!!!
  12. bjanow

bjanow Well-Known Member

Got the phone on Wednesday, just called, and within 2 minutes had a $30 credit!! Nice, thanks all.
  13. Espy

Espy Member

I just called and got a $30 credit, thanks! She had to pull up the information about the code, seemed to be unable to apply it but said she would credit me $30. Took less than 10 minutes, and made me $30 richer!
  14. SeattleYanksFan

SeattleYanksFan Well-Known Member

A short and sweet email got me $30 credited to my account.

First an early upgrade, and now this. And people say Verizon doesn't have good customer service...

This all made my decision to stick with Verizon and get the Incredible instead of wait for the EVO 4G or iPhone 4.0 so much more comforting.
  15. FierceDeityLink1

FierceDeityLink1 Well-Known Member

Wow, I tried calling yesterday and they said that they'd rather lose a 15 year customer than honor the $30 promotion because "it was for new customers only".

What number are you guys calling?
  16. UADUDE

UADUDE Member

Why does every post mentioning price disregard tax? Perhaps because I'm in CA, but I paid $50 in tax (based off full price of phone) and any credits/discounts are more than helpful!

How much are you guys paying for tax on this phone?
  17. FierceDeityLink1

Ok, I just got a call from Verizon wireless executive offices (coincidentally after I tried calling customer support again), and they apologized and gave me a $50 credit.

So if you get denied the SMART30 promo, email the executives of Verizon and you'll get a call back. 14 Verizon Executives' Phone Numbers - The Consumerist
  18. ctxx24

ctxx24 Well-Known Member

My two year pricing was 200 after the instant 100hmmm how did you all get it for 100 after??
  19. FierceDeityLink1

$300
    -$100 online instant
    -$100 new every two

Some people only get $50 NE2s (I believe the cut off is at $80/mo. minimum), and if you recently started using Verizon, it may be only $30 or $50 max. $100, I believe, is only for those grandfathered in and have $80+/mo. plans.

Smart phones qualify for an early upgrade because they get the mandatory data plan...
  20. Reiker

Reiker Member

21. Topshelf

Topshelf Well-Known Member

Odd, I'm on the phone right now and they won't give it to me. Say they never heard of it. I just ordered last night on a 1 year contract and it wouldn't go through on the website either. :(
  22. FierceDeityLink1

23. Reiker

Reiker Member

Code only applies on a 2 year contract. Heard of some people on this forum calling in a couple times until they got a CSR that'd apply it to a 1 year.
  24. Topshelf

Topshelf Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. Just talked to an awesome CSR who hooked me up with a $30 instant credit. Sounds like the SMART30 is a "cart abandonment" promotion if that helps anyone looking to order.
  25. Reiker

Reiker Member

Yup pops up in a new window if you remove the Incredible from your cart.