Everything data plan - (450) question...

Last Updated:

1. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

For people with the Everything Data Plan (450) - How much do you guys really pay monthly including all the fees, taxes and surcharges?

I'm curious if there's a big difference between location, usage and what not. Please include where you live (city, state).... :)

Advertisement
  2. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

(dallas, Texas) family plan with 3 lines @ 450 data everything. comes out to 130 a month, but the sprint employee at my shop hooked me up with a sears discount lol so i get 20-25% off i think for that, but still, 3 lines data everythign for 170 or whatever it is pre discount is damn good, my dad pays almost that alone just for the iphone on ATT with ONE line

3. ScottsXJ

ScottsXJ Member

Covet, that doesn't really answer his question. You are on a Family Plan, which is the Everything Data 1500. Your MRC is going to be different first of all, as well as the amount your taxed. Sorry if I came across blunt.

I'm charged a total of $7.18 for Fees, and Taxes. I live in Portland, Oregon.

4. Keybeeetsss

Keybeeetsss Well-Known Member

I'm in Tennessee so after my taxes, insurance etc. I pay $87

Caloy likes this.
  5. Caloy

$87.00 sounds fair if it include insurance. Hope I don't get any higher than that once I switch. I currently pay for a basic plan from another carrier for 39.99. I get bills anywhere from 49+/- to 59=/-... I don't even call anyone outside of my fav five and text anyone more than 3 times a month. I don't understand why it fluctuates very much. I hope it won't be the same with sprint.

6. Keybeeetsss

3 text a mth???

7. Caloy

Yup. I don't use my phone much. Hopefully I would use the phone more for the internet and smartphone capabilties. I doubt I'll be calling/texting much. :)

8. Keybeeetsss

Wowww... thatz sort of surreal for a lack of a better word; but anywhozel, yeah that is what my bill is each mth... I had the simply everything plan since it originated but I hardly ever talk to people on landline phones so this plan was a no brainer...

9. DaWeav

DaWeav Well-Known Member

Service Fee.... $69.99
    15% Discount.. ($10.50)
    Insurance...... $7.00
    Surcharges..... $2.60
    Taxes.......... $0.56
    Monthly Fees.. $69.65

The 15% discount is a employee discount. Check to see if you can get a corporate sponsored discount with Sprint by providing your work email address at Sprint | Employer Discounts: Submit Email.

Unlimited text and data included is definitely a no brain'r for a smart-phone, but the nights and weekends starting at 7pm coupled with the Any Mobile, Any Time perk is the overall deal breaker for me to have Sprint as my service provider over all other carriers.

Caloy likes this.
  10. April_Fool_79

April_Fool_79 Well-Known Member

Even if you do not have a worl e-mail address, you can still get your "employee" discount by calling or chatting in and asking them to check for you. Just make sure you have the exact way it shows up in the system, because its rather picky ("Black and Decker" will not find the company "Black & Decker, for example), or ask your HR / Benefits manager for the wording or discount code.

This is what I've got in Concord, NC:

Everything Data 450: $69.99
    Employer Discount 23%: -$16.10
    Surcharges: $2.44
    Taxes: $4.04
    Total: $60.37

Caloy likes this.
  11. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

60 and some change (25% discount through work).

12. Keybeeetsss

Ga'Du-mete:eek:

All this Employer Discount talk makes me wanna get an actual job :D

13. Caloy

LOL! I too want an employee discount. :D

14. Howie

Howie Well-Known Member

you should be able to at least get a 10% discount for credit union ;)
    (if you don't have a CU account, just go open one to give them the info... don't need to keep the account passed that).

15. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

i've actually heard of people doing that^ so i assume it actually works fairly well?

16. Keybeeetsss

:D

17. pickup1

pickup1 Well-Known Member

we got 3 lines...1500 minute plan,came to 150 plus...
    with the wifes s.w.a. discount...back down to 125-130.

18. brandonok

brandonok Well-Known Member

Everything Data - 450 Anytime Minutes Included $69.99
    Employee Discount Sprint 20% -$14.00

Sprint Surcharges $2.96

Government Fees & Taxes $4.20

Total Due by March 01 $63.15

19. kkaiser48

kkaiser48 Member

I have tried to figure out on sprint how I could have the everything data plan and then add a line for each my 2 sons plus texting for them (they do not need data). Any suggestions? Is this possible?

20. Caloy

Here are some options, but I don't think it would meet your exact circumstances and needs.

1) I think if you're not on contract, you can downgrade your plan to everything massaging plan then just add a data plan on to yourself.

2) You can have a second account for your sons with just an everything messaging plan.

21. April_Fool_79

The options depend on what model phone you have, and what model you'd be getting for your sons. Let me know. :)

22. kkaiser48

kkaiser48 Member

I want a Hero and the boys aren't too picky. They just want a keyboard to text. I am thinking LG Rumor 2s for them.

23. April_Fool_79

If you get a Hero for your line, and want to keep all 3 lines on one Share plan, you'll have to do an Everything Data. The 1500 minutes is $129.99 + $19.99 for the 3rd line (or about $150 a month), and the 3000 minutes is $169.99 + $19.99 (about $190) for the 3rd line. You can put your line on an individual plan, and the other 2 on a share with just text, but you'd be looking at $69.99 for the Everything Data 450 plus $99.99 for the Everything Messaing Share 1500 for the boys (so $170). You can block data to their phones on the Everything Data Share plans, but it's still included in the plan cost (they don't take any money off the bill).

And if you're planning on the Rumor 2 because they're free, you have until April 17 before pricing changes again. After that, it may be different phones that are free, but it's almost guaranteed there will be *SOMETHING* with a full QWERTY keyboard for free, either with the "Web Special" discount or after a Mail-In Rebate.