• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Everything force closes!

carrotcake

Lurker
Jun 20, 2013
Hi,
Thanks in advance for any help you can give. Everything on my phone is force closing. I can only turn the phone off by removing the battery. I have tried to clear cache/data. I have tried removing all the downloaded apps using the phone and with ********. I have tried a factory reset (on restart it gets stuck on green HTC screen). Everything I try results in me having to take the battery out at some point and every time I do the apps I have removed are back again!!
I think it is a sync problem to do with either gmail, hotmail, which has changed to Outlook or Facebook but when I put the battery back in and start up it remembers the settings. I can't for example turn the phone back on without the wifi connected. I can't turn it back on without syncing being the first thing it does so when I unlock the screen everything force closes immediately. I read that it might be a Facebook issue to do with syncing contacts so I have cleared my contacts. It's driving me loopy. Any ideas? I've had the phone for over a year but I'm a newbie with the jargon so please bear with me.

Factory reset doesn't ever complete. Selecting restore mode from the boot menu results in a triangle with an exclamation mark. If I uninstall all the updates on all the google products this seems to help. If I could sign out of my google account I think I might be able to get somewhere but as I can successfully open anything without it force closing I can't try it. I don't want to have to uninstall everything every time I turn on my phone.
Any ideas anyone?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones