Everything open all the time?Support

Last Updated:

1. paulmmcneil

paulmmcneil Member This Topic's Starter

Mar 28, 2010
    Hey... just got my D2 yesterday after spending way too long with the Eris... so far I'm loving it, but I have one question: do everyone's phones seem to randomly open 10-20 apps in background at all times? These aren't even apps I use, like a Sudoku game I haven't tried once yet. I'm not too worried about it, since performance seems to be fine, but I'm wondering if this will affect battery life.

2. redpanda

redpanda Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Nope. Android tries to use all available RAM at all times to facilitate fast app switching, so it will keep a number of apps open in the background. Even though they're using RAM, they're probably not using any CPU power, and thus not draining your battery.
  3. pool_shark

pool_shark Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2010
    Yes, open apps will affect battery life. That's why so many people use task killers, but task killers keep killing the respawning tasks so it actually makes performance and battery life even worse.

I go into apps and kill apps all the time, some respawn some don't. The apps I never use I have moved to a different directory so they can't start but some like google search, statefarm, media share, music, those all come back.

Some people buy extended batteries to help, but I choose to charge mine frequently instead since I usually have access to an outlet or at least a computer.