Everything stops unexpectedlySupport

Last Updated:

1. Devali8

Devali8 New Member This Topic's Starter

So I got my fascinates just last week, and my wifes phone has been acting crazy a bit, and I am sure its one of the thousands of apps she has installed. So I went into the 'recovery menu' and cleared the cache and did a factory reset from there to just restore to factory state, and now everything stops unexpectedly. Gmail, calendar, and most of all, media message just keeps popping up every 3 seconds or so. If i remove the sd card the media message will stop, but if I launch things like gmail, calendar, car dock, video player, etc., they all stop unexpectedly. I cannot even setup the market place again due to this failing, does anyone have any ideas why this is happening and what I can do to fix it?

Thanks for any and all help

Advertisement
  2. Devali8

Devali8 New Member This Topic's Starter

Alright, well, that was a quick fix after fighting with it and reformating SD card and trying a hundred other things. After using the recovery menu, apparently you also have to go to:

Settings --> Privacy --> Factory Data Reset

And reset through there, the phone rebooted, did some reset stuff in a recovery menu looking thing on its own, rebooted again, started up, and all is working fine. Sorry for making a mess and an extra post, but maybe it will help somebody, spent like 3 hours trying all kinds of stuff and all it took was this 3 minute little process...:(