Everything wakes up my DroidSupport

Last Updated:

1. jtpryan

jtpryan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

For some reason my Droid (1) has suddenly started waking up when I push the camera button, the volume button, or shake it. The shake it is not consistent, but the other two buttons are. I'm not sure if this started in 2.2 but it seems to have. I would hit the power button and put it in my pocket and notice that it would start pocket dialing or launching apps. I would take it out and it was on, so I thought maybe I was putting it in head first and somehow pressing the power button.

This is no good at all, I only want to be able to turn it on with the power button and I can find nothing in settings that address this. I don't think it's an app, but I'm looking through them now.

Anybody else see this?

Advertisement
  2. jtpryan

Nobody?

3. snowquest

snowquest Well-Known Member

I too am starting to see this since the D update. I am also having a lot more force close issues, especially with the dialer. Not happy with the latest update so far...

4. big%boy%big

big%boy%big Well-Known Member

I know this is late but my droids are waking up as well. It's definitely noticeable when I pull it out of my belt case but never out of my pants pocket...weird. It was doing it before my phone was updated and/or modified. Anyone else's Droid still doing this?:mad:

5. jtpryan

Does the belt clip have a magnet on the flap? This will affect it.

big%boy%big likes this.
  6. big%boy%big

big%boy%big Well-Known Member

I figured it was something like that so I ordered a hard plastic holster clip. Sure enough it solved the problem. No more wakeups for me. Thanx for your response.