• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

everything works on network internet BUT the browser

mhmohamadi

Jan 8, 2010
Hello everyone
i have a question
i got a new htc her and my network provider did the APN settings
everything seem to work fine, mails, google mail, facebook , twitter - all services work well on both 3G and WIFI
ONLY THE BROWSER WORKS ON WIFI AND NOT ON THE 3G
when i open browser on 3g it tells me PAGE NOT AVAILABLE !
any ideas ?thanksss

I had a similar problem, it turned out my phone had gotten de-registered from the network (i havent got MMS set up properly and every time i try to download one it somehow does this).

Solution:
(1) Remove battery without turning phone off first.
(2) Remove SIM.
(3) Reboot phone.
(4) Turn phone off and reinsert SIM
(5) Reboot phone.

This forces your phone to reregister on the network.
If the above steps dont help, i suggest you contact your network provider.

Upvote 0
I have a similar problem: google.lt, google play, gmal.com works on Wifi, but doesn't work on 3G. If you try different webpages (like ebay.com, nba.com, etc.) works fine. I tried davebaby solution, but those steps doesn't works. Any suggestion? Also I tried hard reset on my phone, but doesn't help. Virus, or troubles with network provider?

Upvote 0
It's not a virus and there's very likely nothing wrong with the phone. Your service provider is the likely culprit.

This kind of problem is often related to DNS (Domain Name System) resolution. DNS translates website names into numerical IP addresses and is handled by DNS servers.

Does using an IP address rather than a website name allow you to connect? For example, instead of 'google.com' use ' http://74.125.224.72/'. If so, it's a DNS problem.

There can be several causes for this. If the problem happened when on your WiFi network, you should try rebooting routers or modems first. Then maybe try setting different DNS servers. But on mobile data networks you don't have such control.

You can do a couple of things that are worth a shot. Try clearing browser caches and cookies. If no luck, try a different browser.

If still no go, contact your mobile service provider. The problem is almost certainly on their end.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones