EVERYTHING you need to know about your HTC ErisGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

I am calling this...

EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT YOUR ERIS

I am going to try and cover every single minuscule thing that you might ask about your HTC Eris in this one post. Of course I would run out of room typing it all out so I will do it in a link - description format to existing threads.

Now without further ado...

Eris Tips and Tricks, copy and paste, bookmarks, shortcuts, contacts, backing up, everything is right here. >CLICK<

Optimize your Eris battery life. >CLICK<

Original Eris 2.X OS thread, ask your 2.1 related questions here. >CLICK<

Tutorial and discussion for syncing your Eris with outlook. >CLICK<

Upgrading to 2.1 thread, tutorial, and download link. >CLICK<

Eris root thread and discussion. >CLICK<

LOTS of banter and info on Task Killers >CLICK<

The master HTC Eris accessories thread. >CLICK<

Show off your layout, layout ideas. >CLICK<

Importing and exporting contacts tutorial >CLICK<

more to come...

A couple of links worth checking out:
    General Android Phone FAQ's
    Android Forums FAQ
    What is rooted/does being rooted mean?

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

A User Name likes this.
  3. textstev

textstev Well-Known Member

Worst organization of list of contents ever. lol j/k
  4. southunder

southunder Member

Except the link takes you to the "Accessories for the HTC Droid Eris" thread. :eek:
  5. GrdLock

GrdLock Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm guessing he meant to link that to my Show off your UI thread. ;)
  6. Caddyman

good catch, thank you, fixed.
  7. southunder

southunder Member

Oh I'm sure, I just couldn't resist the temptation to be a mild smart ass. ;)
  8. Frisco

"..mild smart ass."

Sort of like being "just a little bit pregnant." :D
  9. korben dallas

korben dallas Well-Known Member

Your avatar reminds me of bill in "kill bill" movies
  10. Frisco

Not the type of movie I'd be interested in seeing.

Plus I don't chew bubble gum or wear my pants below my waist.
  11. Cnilles

Cnilles Member

Sticky consolidation thread. Brilliant!

But seriously, one of the higher-ups should sticky this one on top.
  12. Caddyman

I pm'd a smod to unstick a few of my threads up there and stick this one....yes it is getting a little crazy up there.
  13. Frisco

I was going to suggest the un-stickied thing for a few of those.

Good on ya, bruddah.

Once again we're getting into actual Helpfulville, just up the road a ways and around the bend. :D
  14. Philosophre

Philosophre Well-Known Member

I was hoping for a massive post. Or at least copy and paste of the useful information from other threads in this one. Instead of linky to each thread. Cause a lot of those threads still got useless banter. All well, can't get always get what I want.
  15. Frisco

Perhaps you could create such a thread/post.

I don't have the experience or knowledge with Android stuff to back up such an endeavor.

Well, I suppose each issue could be approached and researched in here, then posted point-for-point. What a job that would be.
  16. Caddyman

i would guess there is a 10,000 character limit in a post, that i think is the vBulletin default, it is easy to break that 10,000 character mark. on the Delaware site i have a guy that i had to up the limit to 50,000 cause his posts were so long..lol
  17. Matlock

Matlock Well-Known Member

Woohoo! Thats what i'm talkin' about! Sticky sticky sticky! Saves so much space with this method. Kudos!

"Put our brilliant minds together! Not 'one' person can create such a beast of an A-Bomb proportion! Create an unOFFICIAL Eris Knowledge Team (work on the name later! lol) and put the brains on the cutting-block (so-to-speak) for the benefit of all of Eris Kind! "

*waits for applauds... lol*
  18. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

Nice pick for a task killer thread, Caddy.:rolleyes:
  19. adammsu

adammsu Well-Known Member

i agree, completely objective review of task killers... ;)
  20. marissa088

marissa088 Member

This is kind of a detailed question, but basically, I have been reading through some threads and came across someone who wrote that keeping the wifi turned on to 'never sleep' optimizes your battery life by a lot (instead of using mobile connection). So I set this up, but I also have the app Advanced Task Killer and I am trying to figure out if I need to set the wifi to the ignore list (so that it doesn't get killed everytime) or if Advanced Task Killer doesn't effect this.

I am just trying to optimize my battery so I can actually use the internet without it dying on me so quickly. I charged it all night and literally 5 minutes after I unplugged it, my phone was down to 90% life. Seriously?
  21. bjf88

bjf88 Well-Known Member

If your phone is lagging, take these steps:

1. Clear cache- Go to settings>applications>manage. Press menu and select sort by size. Go through each one and clear the cache.

2. Uninstall any apps you don't use weekly or at least every month. It only takes 30 seconds to install it again.

3. Go through your photos and upload the ones you want to keep to your PC, then delete all except those you specifically want on your phone.

After all that, shut it off and turn it back on again. Let it rest for 5 minutes, then it should be good as new!
  22. Frisco

Also, using the configurable "delete old messages" app I found a noticable increase in speed after clearing anything over 100 messages.

It can be set to different time intervals as to which messages to keep, "one day," "one week," "one month," etc.
  23. Caddyman

Call log trimmer works very well for beating the laggy dialer syndrome
  24. albiewan

albiewan Well-Known Member

I am about to sell my Eris and was wondering about when I do a factory hard reset (I know it wipes everything out). I have everything backed up using MyBackup Pro but do you know if that backup handles all my pics as well? I know they are on the SD but is that considered part of the data?
  25. Caddyman

a factory reset shouldn't wipe the card, i would save everything on the card to your pc hardrive just in case.
    albiewan likes this.