Evil Eris 4.0

Last Updated:

1. lukesdiesel

lukesdiesel Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. wesleypipesyo

wesleypipesyo Active Member

I have it on my SDcard now. I am waiting on a question about setting up the MMS and the gps. I am not sure about the fix for them.

3. BH3

BH3 Active Member

been running it for about 8 hours now, but could'nt tell you about the MMS. GPS seems to work just fine. Smooth ROM overall.

4. erisftw15

erisftw15 Well-Known Member

ive seen posts about the MMS working but saying that it doesnt send while the person still gets the message

5. lukesdiesel

Should work with Handcent

6. Bishop

Bishop Well-Known Member

Got it. Working fine, except when pressing 'menu', it doesn't show 'Notifications'.

7. fenwaynomar45

fenwaynomar45 Well-Known Member

I have been running the rom for about a day havent done mms but I dont access nofitications through the menu so it's not a big deal for me right now. Seems like a good rom overall.

8. wpetering

wpetering Member

I've been on EE4.0 since Aug 1. I do like it, but definitely do have the MMS issue and I'm using Handcent. Can't seem to send OR receive MMS. I believe the ROM developer is working or will be working the issue. GPS works great, no problems in that department. I've not done navigation, but I was using Google Maps and it was showing my position.
    One problem I'm having with my Eris is rebooting after I use Facebook app and the stock browser. I'm trying Dolphin to see if its a browser issue.
    Waiting for EE4.1

9. DroidJnkie

DroidJnkie Well-Known Member

I just flashed this ROM on my wife's Eris, but I see that now it varies from 1 bar of signal to nothing.

I tried doing the *#*#4636#*#* step, but it force closes EVERY TIME I try to set the radio thing.

Every time!!

I tried going into settings on the main menu of the phone, to networks, and when I try to click on MOBILE NETWORKS, it force closes EVERY TIME!!

Any suggestions?? :confused::confused::confused:

10. DroidJnkie

DroidJnkie Well-Known Member

bump

11. lukesdiesel

Do you still have a 3g signal?

12. tcraig72

tcraig72 Well-Known Member

I've been running it for a few days now. Only thing I've experienced is a few "try again" messages in the Market and Live Wallpapers won't stick. It just reverts back to original wallpaper after the phone sleeps. Haven't tried MMS yet but I read about the fix in the developer's forum. Couldn't understand how to do all that though. I'm a noob to rooting.

13. Bishop

Bishop Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, not saying it's a big deal, just something I noticed.
    Also noticed the soft keys don't light up. I thought, "eh, who cares" at first, but I just realized I want them to light up.

Not a bad ROM though.

14. wpetering

wpetering Member

according to the EvilEris forum, MMS and soft key lights are on the list to fix. The developer is on vacation.
    I'm sure he'll address after he acclimates back to reality.

Good ROM though

15. dirtmouth

dirtmouth Well-Known Member

yep yep, mms and soft key issue here, incoming call it says unknown in notification bar but reads correctly on main screen. over all great rom as always . still waiting on the blue theme to be complete as well.... may go back to EE 3.0 untill fix.

16. jmomma1203

jmomma1203 Member

I found a quick and easy fix on another forum for the MMS issue if anyone wants it. I'll have to search it out again but I don't mind. The soft key lights aren't a big deal to me because I know where they are but the "unknown" in the notification window when I'm getting a call kind of irks me for some reason. I take it that this was not an issue in EE 3.0?

If I want to flash EE 3.0, do I have to do a wipe?

17. lukesdiesel

Ya you need to perform both wipes.

18. kickpanther73

kickpanther73 New Member

Do the *#*#4636#*#* then click the phone information tab, then menu, then select radio band, it will show force close, select force close, scroll down to GSM auto (PRL) select CDMA auto (PRL) from this drop box, then back out. This should work. It's what I did and I remember reading this from another post.

19. kickpanther73

kickpanther73 New Member

This is to DROIDJNKIE

20. Hypo Luxa

Hypo Luxa Well-Known Member

Isn't this to get rid of the 50% without signal message? As far as I know, this will do nothing for signal strength (although I could be wrong). Problem with this particular method is that it only works until your next reboot. prolly easier to do the airplane mode trick to be honest...