Evil Eris Tethering App

Last Updated:

1. magicelf

magicelf Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

What's the name of the app that's on the Evil Eris Rom and where can I find it? I liked the interface of that one better than wifithether app, but now I'm on official OS. Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. T2noob

T2noob Well-Known Member

I don't know where he got it but i pulled it from the rom and uploaded it for you here it is.
    tw.mawa.jasoncheng.aNetShare.apk
    And yes it has better interface I like it i might keep it =]

3. magicelf

Sweet! Thanks T2Noob. You rock!

4. magicelf

Actually, now I'm getting this error message: Tether Not Found. To enable this application, you must have tether package installed. Your tether should also be installed on the /data/local/ directory. Do you want to install tether?

When I click install, it says it's installing, but it just freezes. Any idea where/how to manually install this "tether package"? I tried installing the wifi-tether app but aNetshare still gives me this error.

5. T2noob

T2noob Well-Known Member

Put this file in your /data/local/bin folder see if that works
    see if that helps.
    tether
    I might need to get you some more files but i'm not sure so just try it out see what happens.
    Also make sure you have debugging on, did you ever get a prompt for su request?
    Mine works fine I actually just tested it with my laptop, so let me know how it goes.

6. magicelf

No luck. I actually went to this site: Tethering via WiFi - Install Procedures - Updated 1/29/09 - xda-developers

I downloaded the tar file. Copied the files from it to my sdcard. Created /data/local/ in root and copied the files there. Maybe I missed a step, but I'm still getting the same error. Do I have to type start tether to get it working? Will I have to do that everytime?