EVO 3D in Europe, UK and abroad (GSM)?Support

Last Updated: 2012-09-24 22:08:08
  1. shadders139

shadders139 Well-Known Member

Has there been any more news on when this phone will be released in Europe, and the UK? (which is what I really want to know!)

I know there was a french announcement that it would be released in france, but there hasn't been any dates given.

Does anyone know of any dates or when we can expect to hear dates?

I really want this to be my next phone, I got all excited about the LG Optimus 3D, thinking I would buy it on launch, that's before I found out HTC were making a 3D phone, which means I'll now have to wait until they actually release the thing! :(

Advertisement
  2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Sorry, I've not seen any release dates for the US or European model(s) - I say that because it would be insanity to not have it available throughout Europe as opposed to just France.

Everyone but the rumor mill has been quiet since March.
  3. shadders139

ah I see, that's pretty annoying :/
    it seems it's expected to be released sometime in june/ early summer in the U.S., so it would be nice of HTC to give an expected time for Europe as well.

One of their phones took 9 months to be released in the UK after it was released in the US, I'm hoping they don't repeat that with this phone :(
  4. EarlyMon

Agree!!
  5. partridge

partridge Well-Known Member

6. EarlyMon

7. shadders139

if true (and i tried to find other sources, but couldn't) this is good news for any UK members on this forum :) although almost 2 months seems a long time away since i've already been waiting for so long, i was dreading it could be much worse for the UK.

Hope this turns out to be true now.
  8. Chancho1978

Chancho1978 Member

9. thelonewizard

thelonewizard Well-Known Member

I agree. I feel that if Vodaphone is saying that it will be sold within a month, then Sprint's gotta say something soon. At the rate the leaks and accessories and ROMs are coming, I'll give it till May 27th before a release date is announced.
  10. ArmageddonX

ArmageddonX Well-Known Member

I don't mean to be a downer but doesn't the article say 7-11-2011? :confused:
  11. Jackietreehorn

Jackietreehorn Well-Known Member

It does, but for some reason, I've seen it a few places posted as 6-11. I think people just can't read...or have selective reading to because they want it sooner. :D
  12. Androidalltheway

Androidalltheway Well-Known Member

I will say by end of this week there will be a concrete date...
  13. lafester

lafester Well-Known Member

Pretty sure last night it said june 11.
  14. shadders139

15. shadders139

I hope there's some news on a Uk and Europe release soon, all this news about people getting their evo's is making me jealous! :eek:

Vodafone still haven't released any news on when they plan to release the phone so maybe the earlier rumour of July 11th isn't accurate :(
  16. B0xER

B0xER New Member

Hello,
    This is the most awesome phone on the market now! But I hate that HTC didnt make a difference between the USA (CDMA only) one, and the GSM radio one. I am in the States right now and I want to buy the phone from here. But I`m gonna use it in Europe in GSM band network. So can the GSM radio one be found on american market at all? If so where should i look because ebay and amazon dont seem to have it. And is there any way to check if a certain device supports GSM radio so i can know for sure before buying?
    THANK YOU!!!
  17. themuffinman75

themuffinman75 Well-Known Member

If you gonna buy it to be used in Europe then just get one of those. I don't know much about the carriers there but I do know that vodafone or whatever they are called cancelled their evo 3d release but I am sure other gsm carriers over there will have it. I am sure you can also buy a gsm version straight from htc as well, htc has their own htc branded evo 3d. Also,I think one of the gsm carriers in canada is getting it as well but thats as close to the american market you are gonna get. Whatever you decide it will have to be imported.
    B0xER likes this.
  18. MH75

MH75 Well-Known Member

Are any of them going to provide the Evo 3D or what?

Its been out for months but none of the UK networks are selling it yet.

Any ideas why?
  19. kirkizle

kirkizle New Member

I have a problem, hope some can help me.

I recently activated 4g service on my htc evo 3d, but instead of showing 4g icon, I'm seeing edge. I contacted my service provider and they did all there dynastic checks and told me everything is fine from there side, which I confirmed by putting my Sim Card into another phone, where got the 4g icon.

If any one had the problem and have any salutations, please I will be grateful for your help.

Thanks
  20. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

Let me guess, you are in Jamaica?

clearly you are not on sprint. what carrier are you on and are you rooted?
  21. kirkizle

kirkizle New Member

Yes I'm in Jamaica. I'm on Digicel.

The phone is not rooted.
  22. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

perhaps you should contact a higher tier support at the cell company you have service with. it could be a simple PRL update or a over the air update that needs to take place to allow the handset to see the other freqs.

most of the users here are in the US and its hard to provide support to you.
  23. kirkizle

kirkizle New Member

OK, thank you. I will try that.
    marctronixx likes this.