Evo 3D v 4G Root

1. eddieduce

eddieduce Member

ok, this may seem to be a similar question as many others but here's my deal...

I have the Evo 3D v 4G, Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3, HBoot 1.57.0000.

I unlocked it successfully but was not able to root it. I used unrevoked but it gave me the message that the phone (also known as the "shooter") was not supported.

My two questions are these:

1- Can I back up 'EVERYTHING' before rooting.
    2- Who has rooted this 'specific' version & what software program was used?

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. mikem0269

mikem0269 Well-Known Member

Dont be using root methods from this thread. This is the evo 4g but not the 3d Try here HTC EVO 3D - Android Forums I know the phones are close and some things may be the same but if you do something like flash the wrong file you could brick the phone. Maybe a MOD can move this for you.
    Rxpert83 and ocnbrze like this.
  3. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

welcome to the forums!!!!!!

i believe you have the HTC Evo V 4g which is basically virgin mobile's version of the htc evo 3d.

if this is the case then this is the actual forum you want:
    EVO V 4G - All Things Root - Android Forums

i can also move this thread there if you like as well.
  4. eddieduce

eddieduce Member

yes, please do move thread over. and thank you to all.:D
    ocnbrze likes this.
  5. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

ok i moved you to the evo v 4g root forum.

if you look at the evo v 4g root subforum, you will see a bunch of stickies at the top of the forum. one of them is a guide on how to root your phone.

here is the link:
    http://androidforums.com/evo-v-4g-a...ing-evo-v-4g-roms-kernels-using-fastboot.html

unrevoked does not support your phone. it is a much older root tool and does not support newer phones. it was created during the froyo days of the android os.

hopefully this helps.

now that you are in the right forum, folks who have your device can help you better.

good luck and keep us posted.
  6. xstefen

xstefen Well-Known Member

Welcome and good luck, if you run into any troubles post em right here and a ton of ppl will help u out

one bit of advice, research and carefully read on the forums, it will help :)
    mikem0269 and ocnbrze like this.
  7. remanifest

remanifest Well-Known Member

ocnbrze likes this.