Evo 4 Question/Concern

Last Updated:

1. bryanheath

bryanheath Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I played with the Evo 4 for a solid hour in the sprint stoore as I waited for the dust to ble cleaned out of my Hero Screen. I noticed that the Icons were an exact ratio in size to my Hero. Is there a resolution option or a way to make icons and widgets smaller? I would really like to gain more realestate and the OS seems too big. However the Movies and browsing looked great :)

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Nope, everything is just scaled. That's how android can keep the same things on different devices without having to re-write apps for each phone.

3. bryanheath

Any thoughts on the observation? Do you think I will simply get used to it? Or will someome write a resolution app?

4. sagedil

sagedil Well-Known Member

Want more room for icons? Just use More Icons Free from the market. The free one allows you to put 3 icons in the space of 1. The paid version allow you to have 4.

Use it for a few icons I don't use much. Had run out of room on my "tools" screen.

dan330 and bryanheath like this.
  5. GeneralPatton

GeneralPatton Well-Known Member

I've run out of room as well, but considering there are 7 "Screens" of real estate, I put my main apps on those 7 screens. Pressing the "^" to view the remaining of my Apps that I more then likely don't use much doesn't bother me.

The bigger icons due to the same resolution doesn't bother me at all. It is a phone after all, not necessarily a computer and with my bigger fingers, I like to know what I am pressing is actually the thing being pressed, not the icon next to it :D

6. sagedil

Another option is just create a folder on your screen and put Alps in the folder. An extra tap but another way make more room.

bryanheath likes this.
  7. bryanheath

Yeah I already do that with my hero :)

8. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

another option is to have different Sense for different environments. You can save custom Sense (7 screens) for you different life styles: work, play, entertainment, travel, etc....

once setup, it is very easy to swap out.... when you want to.

9. zerozed

zerozed Active Member

Something else to consider is the widgets on the Evo's 7 screens can be deleted. For example, I don't have any interest in the Friend Stream (or whatever it was called) which took up an entire screen. I just removed it and loaded that screen up with apps. Bottom line is that you can have 7 screens for apps--that should be plenty for most folks.

10. sagedil

Um no LOL.

Seriously, I have different screen for each Type of program. I have more room on my games screen buybmy tools screen was full. Only screen, so far, I use More Widgets on.

11. zerozed

zerozed Active Member

:) Well YMMV based on your needs. Still, each screen can hold up to 16 programs. So even if you leave the clock on the main screen, you can put....104(?) apps on the 7 homescreens. That's quite a few. :eek: