EVO 4G Battery Expansion Question.

Last Updated:

1. optikalillusi0n

optikalillusi0n Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm a noob to all this smartphone stuff, so please bear with me. My last phone was a flimsy samsung slide up phone, so now you know what you're working with. I just bought the evo, and I LOVE it.

I just have a question on that new Seidio 3500mAh battery. Is that the only expanded battery that is currently on the market, or are there other ones that are bigger that do not require a modified back plate. I was just wondering if there are others that are in the works that may be a better alternative.

Also, i was reading that the new Droid X has stellar battery performance for a strikingly similar phone from some reviews on the web, and its battery is rated at 1540mAh. I saw a picture of the battery itself, and was wondering if any of you know whether it would fit in the EVO or not. I don't care much for the Droid X, but if its battery would fit the EVO, maybe that could help the cause. Just curious.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. dzar

dzar Well-Known Member

There are 1800 mAh batteries from a couple of sources that are drop-in replacements. Anything larger will require a new back. The energy density is just not there to make them the same size as the stock battery. I use the Mugen and it's working fine and seems better than stock; I didn't use the stock battery for more than about two weeks, though. I think Seidio has one, similar, that fits stock, too.

optikalillusi0n likes this.
  3. optikalillusi0n

optikalillusi0n Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ahh, i see. Thankss, I did not know that! I appreciate it. I'll give em a look. Are you getting good results with yours if you don't mind me asking ?

4. novarider

novarider Well-Known Member

I have considered getting the extended battery from seidio with the new battery door but can't decide if I should get it. The battery door sticking out would actually be nice because it would stick out far enough that a case wouldn't be needed to protect the camera lens. The only down side is that I don't think it would fit in my leather horizontal holster if I use it

5. sagedil

sagedil Well-Known Member

Droid is Motorola. Evo is HTC. Can all but gurantee the batteries are not interchangeable.