• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

EVO 4G Battery life

John_Roger

Sep 27, 2010
Detroit
Hello all,

My coworker has the Evo 4G, while i have the verizon droid x...It seems that his battery life drains really fast with the phone mostly at idle all day. Im pretty efficient on my X not really used to the HTC sense (last HTC phone i had was the Eris) Any tips to help him get better battery life? I normally get a day and a half, as much as two days between charges. Where he has to keep a charger at work?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Someone on this forum recommended this link to me. 20 tips to improve HTC EVO 4G battery life
There are also great threads in this forum on different ways to improve battery life. You can also consider rooting both your phones for better battery life and of corse other great benefits.
Hope this helps.

Thank you very much! I'm 100% content with my X, i'm getting frustrated with this evo4g, and it isnt even my device!

Upvote 0
Someone on this forum recommended this link to me. 20 tips to improve HTC EVO 4G battery life
There are also great threads in this forum on different ways to improve battery life. You can also consider rooting both your phones for better battery life and of corse other great benefits.
Hope this helps.

Thanks for that link dude! I had already done some research on this but they had a few more nifty tips. Rock on!

Upvote 0
A few basic steps can improve the battery life. Also, I unplug when i wake up and plug back in a minute later, and unplug when i leave for work 40 minutes later. This tops off the battery from 95% to 100%, as the float charge leaves it at 95%. If you do all the simple settings in posts like that one above, and still have bad battery life, I'd try a new battery. I was easily getting 18 hours of moderate use with mine. I still went for the Seidio 3500 MAH battery and get 2 - 3 days with moderate to somewhat heavy use. There is a car kit for that extended battery too.

No phone is 100% perfect, but I wouldn't trade my Evo for an iphone 4 or a droid X, or any other phone for that matter. For me at least, it is the best - still 5 months after release.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones