EVO 4G - Battery underwhelming?

Last Updated:

1. Smiles

Smiles Active Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. TheBlackPrince

TheBlackPrince Well-Known Member

Battery life on a smartphone is never all that great. But I've heard good things in other reviews about the Evo's battery. Plus, there's always extended batteries.

3. Roman G.

Roman G. No-Posting Probation

I am gonna rate this the old thumbs down, as this is very old news. Since the dawn of smart-phones.

4. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

yea i keep hearing the battery is SLIGHTLY better than average smartphone, which im fine with....

put it this way, ATLEAST they arn't giving me two batteries cause they KNOW one isn't enough like my instinct LMAO!!!!!!!

plus you can always get a 1750-1800 mAh battery from seido

5. vkdroid

vkdroid Well-Known Member

This is a shot in the dark, but does anyone know how this would compare to the battery life of a stock BB Curve 8330?

Standby on the 8330 is "up to 11 days", with 4 hours of talktime

6. robertdahlgren

robertdahlgren Active Member

My other phones are a blackberry curve and a motorola droid

After finding settings that work for me, the blackberry is getting retired for the evo when my free month of service runs out.

Caveat - I don't use 4 hours of talktime in a day! I prefer email and taking google voice transcriptions to then reply to.

http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-4g/85497-61-hours-24-battery-remaining.html

7. katmandoo122

katmandoo122 Well-Known Member

I have no problem with the OP...just pointing out how one review (in this case, WSJ) get repeated and repeated and linked and re-posted and suddenly becomes fact.

I'm sure the time is not as good as I'd like but I bet it ain't as bad as some worry about. Still better to be able to change the battery, though. Lots of my firends' iPhones run out as well (although admittedly due in part to the gimping of that phone, it's battery lasts a while).