Evo 4G camera reboots phoneSupport

1. alex8oa

alex8oa New Member

My evo 4G camera/camcorder reboots my phone on its own, ill be taking pictures and all of a sudden it will freeze and restart the phone... i dont know whats wrong with it, its seems like ever since i updated it to the new update 2.3.3 it started doing it? does anyone have any explanation to this or what could i do to fix it?

Advertisement
  2. twz2004

twz2004 New Member

mine is doing the exact same thing.
  3. wolf_walker

wolf_walker Well-Known Member

Count me 3, only started since the 2nd GB "fix" for me. Or I only noticed it there.
  4. wogi

wogi New Member

Same problem, I can take one picture without a problem. The second picture freezes the app, and the phone reboots, though the picture is still saved.
  5. blindman13

blindman13 Well-Known Member

Hey guys, did anyone figure out a fix for this? My girl's e4g is doing the same thing.
  6. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

try rebooting the phone and maybe a factory reset.
  7. Zombiebbq

Zombiebbq New Member

Im having the same issue or should I say have had the same issue for a while. Its been happening almost since I got the Evo but it has gotten worse with each update and a factory reset does not help but for a few uses then its back to rebooting everytime I try to use it. If I wasnt in the middle of a contract and could drop 500 on a better phone I would but I cant.
  8. melbel1

melbel1 New Member

same thing happened to me. got the phone for my birthday, and the first day the camera restarted my phone. i dont have insurance, and i was on vacation for the a month after i got the phone, so i couldnt take the phone back in for the "30 day refund" thing. today i went in and the guy said that he could do a factory reset but it would wipe out EVERYTHING. so i said no, and he said i could try uninstalling my apps, but the apps didnt mess it up. i bought it like that. i love the phone, but the camera not working makes me hate it.
  9. denise1768

denise1768 Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Anything on this? My husband and I have the same issue.
    Thx.