Support evo 4g dsl

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dan51868, Jun 3, 2010.

1. dan51868

dan51868 Member

May 30, 2010
    Be kind...new to your world and first post.

I currently have DSL & call forwarding with a dedicated fax phone setup that also has a recorder that forwards to my cell phone in the field with Century Link. They charge me roughly $90 a month and I have no problems sending large inspection files.

Now, I would like to eliminate all of the above, if this EVO 4g can replace everything I've been using to date. I'll get a fax/email service to upload reports to clients. I also would like to link all three computers.

Should I purchase two (wife's phone) usb connectors or go with the "Hotspot" setup?

If this is not possible, I will not purchase the phones tomorrow.

Forgive me if this is posted in the wrong area and appreciate your advice in advance.

Dan

Advertisement

2. RiverOfIce

Mar 30, 2010
    In exile
    It is possible but you should not do so. It is a phone not modem, you if you need a modem and live in 4g area, get clear. For about $55 bucks a month you get both mobile and home service.

If you are going to use the phone as a modem, it will make a bad modem.

3. dan51868

dan51868 Member

May 30, 2010
    Okay, so if I understand you, I should keep the current DSL & call forwarding from Century Link. I then can remove the fax machine & answering phone and use an email/fax service to send reports.
    Then I will not need the add on 3G Mobile Broadband Plan for 59.99 per month. Right?

Tags: