1. 06g35meister

06g35meister Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. s_special

s_special Well-Known Member

it's cool, but not $40 cool

3. XOS THW

XOS THW Well-Known Member

So i'd be paying $40 to stand up my phone and saving 6 seconds of time connecting the wires to the phone.

No thanks

4. ExSaint

ExSaint Well-Known Member

I would actually considering buying that. First of all $40 is not a bad price, cheap in my opinion considering its docked and comes with an HDMI cable. Keep in mind the Mini HDMI cable is very pricy (Not including online prices). If its docked then you don't have the worry about the Mini side of the HDMI cable damaging your port due to wear.
    Just saying...

5. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

There is already a thread on this lol. Picked up one of these and the extended battery for $77 yesterday and couldn't be happier. I received 2 ebay charging docks at $ 20 each neither worked....so a factory accessory for this price WITH hdmi honestly wasn't outrageous.

6. eluno

eluno Well-Known Member

humm why whould one want a hdmi dock.....i don't even see the point of having a hdmi port when the phone is suppose to do dnla. which brings up another topic. i herd rumors that the evo was going to come out with a dnla app. but i haven't seen it. so i am still using my sons epic for watching stuff on my big screen. and why run a wire, when you can use wireless:confused:

7. archercc

archercc Well-Known Member

Because there isnt a DNLA "app" and an HDMI cable can carry more content.

I like the idea if I was going to be displaying a lot on my TV, otherwise it is just an expensive dock. I have a dock now and I like being able to just drop the phone in and it protects the camera/screen from being slid around on a table.

I might still get it though, $40 isnt much considering it has both power and an HDMI port, it can be the jack of two trades.