EVO 4G in May????

Last Updated:

1. shawheim_a

shawheim_a Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

so i contacted sprint over chat because my primary lines got switched. well while doing so i asked about the EVO. and this is what i got back:

MERCHANT
    well i was wanting to use my upgrade to purcahse the HTC EVO 4G. do you have a release date for it yet?
    18:41:31 Jovanna
    We do not have an exact date, however we do know that it will be in May.

i kno we shouldnt listen to the chatbot people, but im hopeful!

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

The chat people have also said it won't be out til October... I wouldn't listen to them.

3. shawheim_a

Very true. I just wanted to be hopeful for a while and share my joy with my fellow androidians.

4. RTan

RTan Well-Known Member

EVO most likely will be available in June time frame. It needs to go through a lot of testing against various network types: 3G, WiFi, and 4G.

5. evotitans

evotitans Well-Known Member

Eh I dont know about how much more testing it needs. The #2 Draft pick N. Suh has been using an EVO for doing his blogs before the draft....has also mention how AWESOME the phone is. I doubt they would give him one that isnt close to final production model.

Plus we have already seen one video with the EVO picking up 4G. I think the phone is close to being ready to roll....Sprint could just be working on how to market it now.

6. Mitalis

Mitalis New Member

There's a good possibility about the EVO being launched in May... Sprint has that contest going on today that ends on May 10th where they'll be giving away 10 HTC EVO phones... So that's a good indication that the production of those phones are ready. Who knows... They could be offering them nationwide 2 weeks later..

7. shawheim_a

im just ready to have this phone in my hands. the wait is killing me!!!!!

8. billsmed

billsmed Well-Known Member

At least we're all in the same boat around here. Unfortunately, the general consensus in the "Official" thread is that it won't be released by Sprint until June 13th, but it could come out earlier than that at Best Buy and maybe Radio Shack.

I like your avatar BTW, since I have the same phone.

9. drksilenc

drksilenc Well-Known Member

we need to make a whil e video about this lols

10. senormatt

senormatt Well-Known Member

11. cowgirlcjh

cowgirlcjh Active Member

Sprint has already dropped the prices on the Hero and other phones....i give it 30 days or less....
    Christina

12. billsmed

I hate to be the naysayer, but it looks pretty much like a June release to me. If the phone comes out earlier, that would be wonderful, but I'm not going to get my hopes up only to be disappointed later. I've already done enough of that.

It's hard to fault senormatt or anyone else that wants the phone right now, but the links he posted above are old. I'm just saying...

13. Slacker4Life

Slacker4Life Well-Known Member

With no official date from Sprint up the this point and limited advertising, I highly doubt it will drop within 30 days.....Just sayin'

14. ajac09

ajac09 Banned

I just want it out before august thats all I ask for but sooner the better sooner means the wife will stop bugging me to get her one.

15. ajac09

ajac09 Banned

and she does have a point tp2 hero moment all the smart phones have gone down in price.. could be trying to clear inventory out for evos? could just be about time? who knows but I think personally its a sign that it could be sooner then we all think.

16. billsmed

Hope you're right.

17. Mitalis

Mitalis New Member

Ok anybody remember when Sprint announced the release day and pricing of the Palm Pre? It was May 21st 2009... 17 days before its release June 6th... Just saying....

If they're giving out 10 HTC EVO's on May 10th, then there's always that chance we'd see a late May release...

18. senormatt

senormatt Well-Known Member

Only other rumors I've heard were also from the first 10 days of April. Haven't seen any strong recent rumors since then - have you?

19. Slacker4Life

Nope, I don't remember, but then again I never paid any attention to Palm....

I hope you're right...sooner is better.

20. ajac09

ajac09 Banned

right now its all rumors. From what I've heard sprint hasnt even decided yet

21. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

I wouldn't count on an early release. I hate to sound like a broken record, but I've mentioned this the information below before.

I get EVP discount through the corporation I work with. Those promotional prices are also available through EVP and according to the email I received promoting those price drops, the end date for these promotional prices ends on June 5. Just to show some proof of that, I've taken a print screen shot of the email (obviously removing my work email address).

For those of you that aren't familiar with EVP, that's the Employee Value Program. Corporations that get special discount from the different wireless providers to provide to employees, run a lot of the specials through EVP.

[​IMG]

22. rudag

rudag New Member

Do not listen the the chat people online at Sprint, if the tell you something always call and confirm. Truth is there is not an official release date yet. The best we know is 6.6.10 will be the release date, but that is speculation at best.

23. cowgirlcjh

cowgirlcjh Active Member

so i was being kinda sarcastic here...30 days from today is....May 23ish....lol so then June is not far off hahahaha LOL hehehe
    just sayin

24. cowgirlcjh

cowgirlcjh Active Member

Thank you for the 'back up' :) This could be sprint's way of dropping prices, so everyone 'renews' with one of the cheaper phones. Then they will release the EVO and the people that did NOT do their research on upcoming phones would say 'screw the wait' (til next year) and buy the EVO for full price...
    just sayin
    Christina

25. Slacker4Life

It's all good....and it can't come soon enough!:)