EVO 4G & Movies...

Last Updated:

1. HTC_FTW

HTC_FTW New Member This Topic's Starter

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I assume that the EVO 4G can play full length videos (via microSD?). How do you put the video onto the device and play it. Is there a designated application & software client, or is it just drag and drop (onto the microSD) and watch the video through the HTC Player? The reason I'm asking is because I do not have an EVO, but i do have a HTC Sense enabled phone. So by theory, since the phones are both running the same OS/UI, couldnt i watch movies on my HTC Eris?

Advertisement
  2. load97

load97 Well-Known Member

By theory, no. Just because the phones might run the same O.S. doesn't mean that there is a good chance they'll both run the same video files. Though as more time goes on, most phones will have enough power to do it. So then, by theory they would. The next video files on the horizon that will be a ways out is seeing phones play 1080P(a lot don't even play 720P yet, but the one that do, share O.S. with ones that don't).

The phones can have the same O.S., but one might have a much better cpu, gpu and can handle the needs of h.264 or HD 720P even.

I see you have an Eris listed. The spec on the phone say it can play Video: MPEG4, H.263, H.264, WMV. So that's good, but it might not like the spec the video's you have been encoded with. Too high a bitrate, VBR, audio codec etc. The Evo is close to twice as powerful as the Eris as well.

Yes, you can drag and drop the video files as you would for music as well.

You should list your full specs that your videos have been encoded with and what software you were using as well. Handbrake(software)?