EVO 4G not fully chargingSupport

Last Updated:

1. pstoric

pstoric Active Member This Topic's Starter

After being on the charger all night, and the LED being green I noticed 20 minutes later that the battery is around 50%. How is that possible? This phone is only a week old and I followed the post for conditioning the battery by charging it while it's on, turning it off and then charging again, etc and it hasn't helped. Today was the first day it has done this. Anyone else having the same issue??

Advertisement
  2. lordofthereef

lordofthereef Well-Known Member

I will say that I have had a similar issue, although not as bad. My battery will be fully charged, but withing 5 minutes of removing it from the charger I am down to 95% (whether I use the phone or not). After that the battery seems to drain at a more normal rate. It sounds like this may be an issue with your battery or possibly the phone though. I would go into Sprint, they should swap it for you no charge.

3. pstoric

Yea but the wired thing was I didn't use it at all and it went down to 50% which was shocking. Probably will wind up back at Sprint :)

4. lordofthereef

I think the problem I have is common. My understanding is that the software isn't reporting the true battery charge percentage properly. Your issue does seem abnormal though. What happens when you plug it back in to charge?

5. pstoric

Don't have a charger with me at the office, have to wait until later but I'll get back to you.

6. lordofthereef

Ah ok. Well, best of luck. Worst case scenario you swap it at Sprint though, right? :)

7. sitlet

sitlet Banned

If its only a week old, take it back to sprint and they will exchange it for a new one.