Evo 4G shuts down randomly and then vibrates every few seconds & flashes white screen w/ HTC Evo 4gSupport

Last Updated: 2011-07-30 06:09:45
  1. traceykay

traceykay New Member

My Evo 4g will shut down on it's own and then it has a black screen. Every 10-15 seconds it flashes a white screen that says HTC Evo 4G on it. The only way to stop it is to power it off for a little bit or pull the battery for a few minutes. Even then when you restart it, it will continue to do that. Seems like it does it mostly after using it for awhile, like playing a game or on the Internet. I did a hard reset on it and then I took it to SPrint who did the same thing, even though I told them I already did it. Im having a hard time finding any answers. Any suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

welcome to the forums!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    you need take your phone back in and have sprint replace it for you. this is most likely a hardware issue. i had my phone randomly reboot like that. and it did seem that it would do it on occassion when i was on the web or pandora. so i took it in and told the tech at sprint. they did a hard reset like you did. i then walked out played with it and before i got to my car it rebooted. so i went back to the store and i wanted the tech to see it happen. so i played pandora, launched both sprint navigation and google navigation all at the same time. with all those running my phone got warm and it rebooted. once the tech saw that he gave me a refurbished one.

so long story short is to take it back and do not leave until they give you a new or refurbished evo.
  3. kchitown1977

kchitown1977 Active Member

i went to restart phone and now keeps turning on and off will get to 4g screen and resart whole process over and over. it did it to me about month and a half ago
  4. guywithbluepants

guywithbluepants Well-Known Member

U never dropped it in water or dew from shower mine did that after it was dropped in water I left it dry out in rice for 24hrs and it work but would still mess up every so often so I got new one thru insurance