• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

EVO 4G Update: 1.47.651.1 (30.15 MB)

muzikjay

Apr 9, 2010
Just got my EVO and I was prompted for this update. I've been searching and have been reading mixed reviews. Some say their phones are running smoother, Wi-fi has been improved, and aesthetics have gotten a boost. Others say it bricked their phones, killed their 4G, or made their phones slower.

Has anyone installed the 30.15 MB update? Bad results? Good?

Just got my EVO and I was prompted for this update. I've been searching and have been reading mixed reviews. Some say their phones are running smoother, Wi-fi has been improved, and aesthetics have gotten a boost. Others say it bricked their phones, killed their 4G, or made their phones slower.

Has anyone installed the 30.15 MB update? Bad results? Good?

The first batch was bricking some phones. They stopped pushing the update, fixed the bug, and continued OTA updating. There was a article on engadget about it, I can look for it, but that was a few weeks back.

I'm pretty sure your good to update.:D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones