EVO 4G USB Tethering IssueSupport

Last Updated:

1. lordofthereef

lordofthereef Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Alright. I started with a search, but wasn't able to find anything. I am trying to tether via USB to my EVO running Myn's Warm Two Point Two ROM. Obiously I am rooted and would like to use the stock tethering option (plug in and check USB tethering in the USB connection drop down). It works wonderfully using the stock Sprint Wifi hotspot, but my desktop PC doesn't have a wireless card and my internet likes to go in an out on occasion so I'd like to enable it this way. I am thinking the issue is with drivers as they failed to install when I plugged it in. I can't find drivers anywhere and Google's answer is that it should "just work" on Windows 7.

Thanks much!

Advertisement
  2. lordofthereef

Race Harley likes this.
  3. nintennuendo

nintennuendo Well-Known Member

I tried it for a while when I had the legitimate service a month or so ago (this was before every rom had it cracked) and it took me a few hours to get it to recognize automatically. Even now with all roms having it cracked and working it takes my computer and phone some time to sync up

evo 4g w/ sprint and a windows 7 pc

4. lordofthereef

I guess I never reported back. With the drivers in the above link it all works just fine. I did have to manually select the device as being my internet gateway rather than the router. I assume I can set this one as main and my cable line as seconday (just so the tether always overrides the cable), but I didnt do that yet. Either way, it works! :)

5. hortstu

hortstu Well-Known Member

Does Easytether work in myns?

6. lordofthereef

Is easy tether an app? Right now I have two options (well three actually, but I only use two). I can use the stock Sprint wifi hotspot app that was included with myn's. Also they included a wifi tether app (not really sure why to be honest, haven't tried this). I am also given an option when plugging in via USB to tic the "tether" bubble. That is what I did, but it took some installation of drivers for Win7 as mentioned above.