EVO 4G West Hollywood CA coverage

Last Updated:

1. ndfan4u

ndfan4u Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am thinking of getting this new Sprint EVO 4G phone but I am hearing all kinds of horror stories in these forums. How is the 4G coverage in West Hollywood CA?? Los Angeles is scheduled for sometime before the end of the year.
    I am new to this whole Android world and I hate AT&T with a passion.

Advertisement
  2. jmorse

jmorse Well-Known Member

I'm getting no 4G coverage at all in Van Nuys. Also, the folks that tend to post negative things in forums tend to be the 'squeaky wheel' you hear about all the time. I'm having zero issues and love my Evo. You've got 30 days to try it out, so there isn't any harm in taking one for a test drive.

3. leebo

leebo Member

I'm near the French Market. No 4G yet, but 3G is strong. I saw a post saying 4G was up in Hollywood, but have not confirmed it.
    I have been with AT&T (Cingular) for 10 years, and ever since they took over, I have gotten very poor reception in my apartment. But the final straw was all the dropped calls.

I've had the EVO for a week and am loving it except the battery issues, (but I've always kept my phones on the charger when at home anyway).

Will be porting my AT&T number to this phone next week. I'm actually going to pay AT&T an ETF I hate them so much!

4. Eguy

Eguy Well-Known Member

Keep in mind any 4G in LA is just testing. Nothing is official. With that said, I have found 4G in various parts of Hollywood, Downtown, and Westwood.

5. monterj

monterj New Member

Yes I can confirm 4G coverage in the westwood area around UCLA. I tested the speeds when I had full bars and I was getting 2.5mbps down and 1mbps up. Too bad I live in the valley where there is no 4G coverage, but 3G on the Evo is still amazing.