• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root evo 4g with cyanogenmod 7.2

Upvote 0
Reactions: ocnbrze and biker57
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Clockworkmod v5.0.2.2
o.k...I have heard issues with that recovery but we can change the now or later..(need to know if you are s-off or s-on first for that)
Amon ra or smelkus mod recovery are very good recoveries.
I use smelkus, but like I said, need to know if you are s-on or s-off...
Just wipe really well with that recovery...perhaps 3 times....wipe all 3 times EXCEPT SD CARD...do not wipe sd card.;)

Upvote 0
another question is there a better mod then cyanogenmod 7.2 for an evo 4g?
You mean like cm9 or cm 10 etc.? Not sure as
I dont run cm myself, and the whole nightlys and cm roms confuse me.
However, there is a cm9 based rom that PapaSmurf has put out and I believe an update will be coming for it, and when it updates, I will be trying it.
See this link
[ROM] [LOTK] SmurfMod9 (8/1/12) - xda-developers

Otherwise, currently I am on DecksReloaded, which will also update soon.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
like i said im new to all this and they guy that rooted my phone is the one that put cm7 on it. was just wondering if it was good or if there was something better out
Ah, gotcha.
Something better is matter of opinion. I used to be on MikG v3.11 when I first rooted.....very nice sense rom that's close to stock that I themed out with all the themes/mods for it.
Then I found Decks Reloaded...AOSP based rom....very quick on my phone..quicker than MikG. AOSP roms, like cm, tend to be quicker than sense roms such as Mikg.
Anyhoo, just check out the links biker and I have provided and try some for yourself:D
If you have any flashing questions just ask...!

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
You mean like cm9 or cm 10 etc.? Not sure as
I dont run cm myself, and the whole nightlys and cm roms confuse me.
However, there is a cm9 based rom that PapaSmurf has put out and I believe an update will be coming for it, and when it updates, I will be trying it.
See this link
[ROM] [LOTK] SmurfMod9 (8/1/12) - xda-developers

Otherwise, currently I am on DecksReloaded, which will also update soon.

Decks reloaded for GB and strike for ICS. End of story!

Upvote 0
Loaded the CM7.2 "stable" but all it does is constantly repeat the splash screen.

I just want a stable ROM with Sense that is secure and doesn't have all the Sprint bloat.

Any help appreciated.
Welcome to AF!!!!!!!
Here is a link to a very nice rom that has most bloat removed...

MikG v3.11 [3/9/2012]
Download the full wipe version!!:)
Any questions, post back...we will be happy to answer them for you!!:D

Upvote 0
Loaded the CM7.2 "stable" but all it does is constantly repeat the splash screen.

I just want a stable ROM with Sense that is secure and doesn't have all the Sprint bloat.

Any help appreciated.

Which recovery do you have? I would highly recommend the Smelkus v4.3 recovery. If you're stuck at the splash screen, my guess is that you didn't wipe everything properly. If you move to smelkus recovery, in the wipe options, do the top 4 wipes, then flash rom, flash gapps.

Even if you're not interested in cm7 anymore, I would still move to smelkus recovery;)

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0
I will look at smelkus. Just using TiBU for now.

Thanks.

smelkus is a recovery while titanium backup is an app. they do completely different things. tb backs up apps and its data and can freeze and uninstall apps. smelkus can make nandroid backups, wipe and flash roms and such.

so what recovery do you have?

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones