• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Evo 4g Won't Sync New Events to Google Calendar!

tmac4life

May 27, 2010
I was wondering if anyone can figure this out. If you make a new event on the Evo, it will not sync to google calendar. I have tried looking for a solution but found nothing. This is very frustrating and disappointing. Can anyone figure out how to sync my Evo calendar events to google calendar? Thanks so much.

Try these:
Go to the Calendar app>menu>more>refresh.
if that doesn't work....
Home>menu>settings>accounts & sync>Google>make sure "Sync Calendar" is checked-ON.

No that didn't work. My issue is that I can make an event on my laptop on google calendar and that will sync to my Evo 4g. But vice versa wont work. So if I create an event on my Evo 4g it will not show up on google calendar when I access it on my laptop. Any other ideas? Is this a non-issue for the majority?

Upvote 0
Oh, my goodness. I've been trying for days to get this to work. All the techies from Sprint couldn't get it either.

Now....will it STICK! I've had so many weird issues with my phone for a week that I'm pulling my hair out. But at least I now know who to check to see what might be amiss.

BTW, my Account/Sync from the Google Calendar on the phone simply will not complete. It'll sync up mail and contacts but the refresh button never disappears from the calendar while the others do. Coincidence?? or a bug.

MM

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones