Evo 4g Won't Sync New Events to Google Calendar!Support

Last Updated:

1. tmac4life

tmac4life Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was wondering if anyone can figure this out. If you make a new event on the Evo, it will not sync to google calendar. I have tried looking for a solution but found nothing. This is very frustrating and disappointing. Can anyone figure out how to sync my Evo calendar events to google calendar? Thanks so much.

Advertisement
  2. Brent Pierce

Brent Pierce Well-Known Member

Try these:
    Go to the Calendar app>menu>more>refresh.
    if that doesn't work....
    Home>menu>settings>accounts & sync>Google>make sure "Sync Calendar" is checked-ON.

3. tmac4life

No that didn't work. My issue is that I can make an event on my laptop on google calendar and that will sync to my Evo 4g. But vice versa wont work. So if I create an event on my Evo 4g it will not show up on google calendar when I access it on my laptop. Any other ideas? Is this a non-issue for the majority?

4. tmac4life

nm figured it out, when making a new event on Evo 4g, there is a drop down box on top asking for which calendar to include. You cannot choose the default for google calendar won't have access to that calendar. So choose one that is on your google calendar!

slyd, plink and SandyJackson like this.
  5. fran722

fran722 New Member

tmac4life- Thank you ;)

6. plink

plink Member

tmac4life- I was so excited to see that someone else had the same issue cause I couldn't figure it out (and I've trying for 5 weeks).

Thank you thank you thank you but now I feel like a moron for not figuring it out.

7. MerpsMom

MerpsMom Well-Known Member

Oh, my goodness. I've been trying for days to get this to work. All the techies from Sprint couldn't get it either.

Now....will it STICK! I've had so many weird issues with my phone for a week that I'm pulling my hair out. But at least I now know who to check to see what might be amiss.

BTW, my Account/Sync from the Google Calendar on the phone simply will not complete. It'll sync up mail and contacts but the refresh button never disappears from the calendar while the others do. Coincidence?? or a bug.

MM