• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

EVO 4G's Android 2.2 update starts trickling out July 30 (official OTA August 3rd)

How do you set your browser plugins? I just went under settings under the browser that came with the phone. I have Dolphin HD but thought with the new update you should use the one that came with the phone cause of flash not sure though. I need to check a flash site on both browsers.

That changes depending upon your cache state, and also as droidone pointed out, if you set your browser plug-ins for on-demand instead of always on, it's lightning quick.

Upvote 0
I just figured that out. I was wondering why mine was bringing up the pattern anymore. I couldn't figure it out then I saw the settings and my default was set to 5 minutes. I put it back to immediately.

Yeah, I saw that, but the problem is, if I manually turn the screen off with the power button, it doesn't require the pattern to unlock. On 2.1 I kept is at 2 minutes, now I have it set to 3 minutes, which is fine. But, if I use my phone, then want to stick it in my pocket, I want to be able to press the power button and have it locked down - like it worked in 2.1. This is extremely irritating, since the phone has a tendency to "drag to unlock" while in my pocket and then start doing things like... making phone calls and sending text messages. That is the reason I want the pattern to unlock - to avoid random actions while my EVO is in my pocket.

Upvote 0
How do you set your browser plugins? I just went under settings under the browser that came with the phone. I have Dolphin HD but thought with the new update you should use the one that came with the phone cause of flash not sure though. I need to check a flash site on both browsers.

The plugin settings are there, just towards the bottom.

Upvote 0
How do you set your browser plugins?

Within the browser, Menu-> Settings-> Enable plugins (near the bottom of the options).

(edit - had this open for a while, so the question's been answered)

As for not getting sound, your media volume (what you get when vid is playing, via the side buttons), is turned up?

Otherwise, like many of us, sounds like you're becoming a candidate for a factory reset - the only way to guarantee things when things go south.

Upvote 0
Ok so today I leave work and my wifi was on and I went to shut it off and it kept coming back on as I was walking to my car this happened 2 or 3 times then finally it stayed on. What's another flash site to try? I went to that slash control and Babylon that someone posted and I got no sound on either browser. But I have sound I played my Sirius. My grocery IQ app forced closed a couple times but now it opens. I haven't tried every one of my apps but so far I really am not having any problems. I had to uninstall and reinstall Swype. The browser seems faster. I just wonder if the one tomorrow is the same as what we got. Guess will see! If it is a different build even though it's 2.2 and I have 2.2 will it tell me there's an update?

Upvote 0
Ok so today I leave work and my wifi was on and I went to shut it off and it kept coming back on as I was walking to my car this happened 2 or 3 times then finally it stayed on. What's another flash site to try? I went to that slash control and Babylon that someone posted and I got no sound on either browser. But I have sound I played my Sirius. My grocery IQ app forced closed a couple times but now it opens. I haven't tried every one of my apps but so far I really am not having any problems. I had to uninstall and reinstall Swype. The browser seems faster. I just wonder if the one tomorrow is the same as what we got. Guess will see! If it is a different build even though it's 2.2 and I have 2.2 will it tell me there's an update?

I used Dolphin HD on slashcontrol last night and watched High School High with volume just fine. Make sure before you're in your browser, you have your "media volume" turned up. If you try to turn up the volume while in the browser, the screen will just roll (default setting to use vol buttons for scrolling in Dolphin HD i believe)

Reactions: Rose4uKy
Upvote 0
Ok thanks, I'm trying it again, Will try to watch part of what you watched to test it and my volume is up. I went to ABC.com and was watching shows there. Oh cool I do get sound now but it said this video is not optimized for mobile but it played cool. So now I can bookmark this site. Videos play good on Wifi.. Wish it was a little louder though. My Jawbon Icon plays stuff in my ear but I would like to have earbuds. I need them anyway for FM radio. I haven't tried FM radio yet. But this is cool!

I used Dolphin HD on slashcontrol last night and watched High School High with volume just fine. Make sure before you're in your browser, you have your "media volume" turned up. If you try to turn up the volume while in the browser, the screen will just roll (default setting to use vol buttons for scrolling in Dolphin HD i believe)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones