• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories EVO Accessories Guide

Zagg on an iPhone 3Gs...not entirely related but its kinda funny. GAME OVER.

YouTube - ZAGG invisibleSHIELD iPhone 3G Case Review

LOL! I'm telling you, having it put on by the pros is the only way to go. I think they do it at any Best Buy. I have Zagg carts in just about every mall around here, so i just buy mine there and have them installed right there by the pros. No way would I want to deal with that.

The orange peel eventually goes away too.

Upvote 0
someone want to call a best buy for me and ask them if they have them yet? LoL.

They had them, I could have bought on the spot, but I am going to wait & see what is in store for me @ the Sprint store, I may buy something there, or grab the combo case on my way back to work (someone already beat me to the punch for taking the day off)

Upvote 0
I always get a kick of seeing that 'let me google that for you" animation. lol

Anyway, back on topic.

Does anyone know, if they make a car dock/holder that attaches to the rear view mirror. Reason I ask is because, every window attached/dashboard attached car dock, just seems to fall off. And I would very much hate to have the EVO fall off the window/dash once I go over one of the infamous NYC potholes. :mad:

TS out

No kidding about the potholes. I have a Palm Pre (getting the Evo soon!) and touchstone in my car. The only time my Pre ever fell off was driving around on Staten Island.

Upvote 0
The Orange Peel is still there on my BSE on my BB, I have had the SP on for like 6 months. My Clarivue order shipped today, so I will hopefully have it in time.

On the Invisible Shields, the orange peel goes away over time. I have had the Invisible Shield on 6 devices and they all lost the orange peel eventually.

I think it might have something to do with it being a touch screen and getting smoother over time. But Invisible Shields always have a major orange peel effect when you first get it, and you get used to it. But 6 months later if you go back and look for it it's slick as glass with no orange peel at all.

Upvote 0
On the Invisible Shields, the orange peel goes away over time. I have had the Invisible Shield on 6 devices and they all lost the orange peel eventually.

I think it might have something to do with it being a touch screen and getting smoother over time. But Invisible Shields always have a major orange peel effect when you first get it, and you get used to it. But 6 months later if you go back and look for it it's slick as glass with no orange peel at all.

Ahh well, I ordered the Clarivue Ultra Clear, should be here next week. Thanks for the feedback though.

Upvote 0
Just spotted @ best Buy...

cases & holsters for EVO I jsut got to play with a Platinum case/holseter combo at Best Buy.

$35 for the combo... basic black, but very similar to the sedio design holster. the case was a top/bottom sliding case with no extra protection for screen.

Seemed pretty solid at the store, and tricky to get off, until you got the technique.

* this is all based off of the floor dummy model

Hmmmmmm...

seidioseidio said:
Hello,

Best Buy's Platinum Series Cases, which they will be carrying locally in their retail stores are manufactured by us. You can call and check your local stores to see if they have some available. Keep in mind that local sales taxes will apply!

Regards,

Upvote 0
Hmmmmmm...

Best Buy's Platinum Series Cases, which they will be carrying locally in their retail stores are manufactured by us. You can call and check your local stores to see if they have some available. Keep in mind that local sales taxes will apply!

I thought they looked pretty familiar, seidiosedio, what kind of warranty does the Platinum series have ?

Upvote 0
check this out for batteries - looks like a pretty good price.

HTC EVO 4G Sprint 1500mah Standard Battery - eBay (item 220612834177 end time Jun-26-10 12:25:24 PDT)

THAT IS FAKE!! See the following thread...

Fake Batteries labeled as OEM on ebay!! - Android Central Forums

Upvote 0
would an Evo with Zagg protector fit into the Seidio innocase???

The Zagg nvisible Shield is like a third of a mm thick, so I would have to say it would probably fit.

EDIT:
From the FAQ on zagg.com

"Can I use a carrying case once I install the invisibleSHIELD onto my device?
We do not recommend using a case once you have installed the invisibleSHIELD onto your device. The purpose of the invisibleSHIELD is to keep your device safe and protected from dings and scratches without having to cover it up with a case. We refer to this style of protection as "Going Naked!" Your device will look shinny and new for the life of your device.
If you would like to use a case with your shielded device, we recommend silicone cases. These types of cases will fit around the invisibleSHIELD and tend to have fewer oils that can potentially stain the invisibleSHIELD.
We do not recommend using the invisibleSHIELD in conjunction with a hard case. Due to the easy grip texture of the invisibleSHIELD it can be too 'snug' making it difficult to remove the device from the case. Pulling the device in and out of the case may cause the invisibleSHIELD to begin peeling or lift off. Additionally, we do not recommend soft leather or felt cases as you may experience the same 'grip' problems as with the hard cases."

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
For those interested, I just got an email from ZAGG offering 50% off on their Invisible Shields, skins, and other accessories for Memorial Day only.

I've had an Invisible Shield on my Moto Q9C for 2 years and I've pulled it off last week. I can attest that they work. I carried that phone in my pocket with my keys and spare change, and there was not a scratch on the screen. I'm talking "out of the box new". :eek:

Personally, I've already ordered from Clarivue and I'm gonna try them out this time with a Seidio Innocase II.

LOL! I'm telling you, having it put on by the pros is the only way to go. I think they do it at any Best Buy. I have Zagg carts in just about every mall around here, so i just buy mine there and have them installed right there by the pros. No way would I want to deal with that.

The orange peel eventually goes away too.

Take that video as gospel. You gotta have patience, no distractions, and wet fingers.

BTW for those who already have their EVOs. ZAGG is also offering free installation of products purchased at participating mall carts on Memorial Day.

http://www.zagg.com/j/memday2010.php

Upvote 0
I got one of these: Amazon.com: Kensington Power Port Car Mount for iPhone and iPod: Electronics
I got it because it works with my iPhone AND it will work with my EVO when I get it next week. You can check out my video reviews of it here:
YouTube - Kensington iPhone iPod Power Port Mount Review
YouTube - Kensington iPhone iPod Power Port Mount (Solution)
They sell a version that attatches to the dash, and the windshield if a charger port won't work for you.

I don't want to sound to mean but wouldn't it be better to buy a mount that works with your phone. To be noted I'm happy to see people coming up with inovations, and I applaud you, but rubber bands when you can get something that works. I do like that you think outside of the box.

Peace, Chuck

Upvote 0
I would highly suggest looking into this solution: Car Bean Bag Dash & Windshield Holder for the HTC EVO 4G - Gomadic Brand

This brand interests me because they have a lifetime warranty. The model also interests me because it can fit the EVO while it is cased (I ordered the Seidio Innocase).

I wouldn't like the stress put on the charger port either, not to mention I'll be using it on company vehicles and cannot be "that guy who broke the charging port". Also, having to look anywhere below the dashboard is a problem for me, not the best place to have your phone when using it as a gps.

Upvote 0
I always get a kick of seeing that 'let me google that for you" animation. lol

Anyway, back on topic.

Does anyone know, if they make a car dock/holder that attaches to the rear view mirror. Reason I ask is because, every window attached/dashboard attached car dock, just seems to fall off. And I would very much hate to have the EVO fall off the window/dash once I go over one of the infamous NYC potholes. :mad:

TS out

ProClip told me the other day that they WILL have one for the EVO but it isn't ready yet. And the HD2 won't power the EVO so I'll have to go without for a few days/weeks!

The ProClip (ProClip Mounting System

Upvote 0
I bought the Magellan iPhone Holder for my iPhone 3Gs and it was great because I didn't have to remove the cases off of my iphone. Which brings me to the point, I'm really glad someone on this thread reminded me of that same point. I was actually looking at sone pics of the official car dock for the Evo and it appears as though it can only be used without a case. Can anyone confirm this or know if if the Evo dock can be used with a dock?

I think that will be the deciding factor for me if I get a universal dock or the OEM Evo dock. I've seen some pretty nice universal ones...both on ebay and on Amazon.

Upvote 0
I was actually looking at sone pics of the official car dock for the Evo and it appears as though it can only be used without a case. Can anyone confirm this or know if if the Evo dock can be used with a dock?

This looks to be the correct, if it is made for the EVO, it will more than likely be an exact fit, and won't fit any cases. Maybe a full body film, but more than likely not a hard case. This is just from my experience w/ other phones.

The link I posted above has some nice combos of just the suction cup phone mount, mount + a beanbag, phone holder + a vent mount, etc. They are cheaper priced ones, but w/ no warranty or a very limited return policy. This one drew my attention because of the lifetime warranty they boast. I've never seen any mid priced (or really any to be honest) car mount w/ a lifetime warranty.

Car Bean Bag Dash & Windshield Holder for the HTC EVO 4G - Gomadic Brand

I am not an employee for this company and have nothing to gain by suggesting their products lol. I don't even have one yet, but it will be my next accessory purchase around the corner after I get my EVO. I'm hoping to find out if it can be turned landscape mode, if not, it's not a dealbreaker.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones