EVO activation question

Last Updated:

1. dave31175

dave31175 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Here's the situation. My SO & I are on a 2-line contract with Sprint, contract end date 6/18/10, both upgrade-eligible. We went to our local Best Buy where, of course, EVOs are all sold out. The BB mobile guy at the store ordered two EVOs for us, to be shipped to our home, which we could then take back in to BB to get activated. The order was mis-entered, and we're only getting one EVO instead of two. BB is out of stock and can't make a replacement order. We've put our name on the waitlist at the local Sprint store.

Now, since both lines are on the same contract, don't we both have to upgrade at the same time? Assuming yes, can we just keep the one EVO that's coming from BB, get another one from Sprint when more come in, and have both activated at Sprint at the same time, both under the same new contract?

OR, should we return the one coming from BB and just get 2, both from Sprint, at the same time?

Advertisement
  2. dave31175

Anyone??

Or would there be a better place to post this? I realize this is the EVO forum and it's more of a general Sprint related question, but I just figured you all seem pretty knowledgeable about this kind of thing.

3. unwallflower

unwallflower Well-Known Member

I don't see why you would have to update at the same time... I think you are on a family plan. I believe that there are separate contracts for the phones. I mean, I could be wrong... but I don't think they do contracts by plan, they do them by phone?

Anyway, you shouldn't have to upgrade at the same time. I'm on a family plan with 4 other family members and we NEVER upgrade together.

4. woldy2

woldy2 Active Member

no...you each line is viewed as seperate with their own upgrade date...so you can upgrade just one, and do the other later, or never do the other, but they are viewed as seperate lines, so upgrade each line whenever desired

5. Roman G.

Roman G. No-Posting Probation

Nope, it may be the same account but they are different contract. Activate the one and order the other one.

There is no need to go into BB to activate either, just call up sprint and activate.

me2u69 likes this.
  6. dave31175

Thanks everyone! I appreciate the responses.