evo activesync boot problemsSupport

Last Updated:

1. ahahn

ahahn Member This Topic's Starter

Folks-
    I have an EVO from I/O, all is good with the world. Well, mostly...
    I tried setting up my work email the other day- using Exchange ActiveSync. My company has a policy which requires all activesync phone connections to have security enabled, so I set up a password. Email comes in fine, calendar all integrated and all that, I have to enter the password to unlock the phone. Then I rebooted the phone for other reasons, got the EVO screen, the sprint logo screen, the 4G logo screen- and then it rebooted itself again. Stuck in a loop between sprint logo/4G logo/reboot. I pulled the battery, did the down-volume/power button restart, cleared all user data, the phone booted fine. I went back and set everything up again, rebooted... same thing.
    So then I tried to figure out if it was one of the apps I installed, etc, etc. I tried with different SD cards, 4G on/off, no apps/all the apps I had previously installed. The only thing I did which made this happen- and it happened every time- was setting up my work email.
    Has anyone else gotten exchange activesync to work with or without a security policy, and tried rebooting their phone? I'd really like to know if my phone has something wrong with it or if this is a software problem.
    I called the 877 # for I/O EVOs, they took down my information but didn't have any idea of where I should go for support. Has anyone with an I/O EVO had a problem which required talking to HTC and gotten a contact?
    Any info anyone has would be greatly appreciated- the phone is awesome, but having to go through OWA for my work email is a big pain.
    Thanks all!
    -ahahn

Advertisement
  2. paradox183

paradox183 Well-Known Member

Android 2.1 does not fully support Exchange mobile security policies. That may be your problem.

You may need to look into the Touchdown app, or wait for 2.2 for native support.

3. Bek

Bek Well-Known Member

Hi - I have an exchange account with security, set up on my Google IO phone, and have not experienced any issues. The only difference I can think of, is that I'm using LockPicker to bypass the security screen. Try that?

4. ahahn

thanks for the reply- so you're using native exchange support, not touchdown?

5. Bek

Bek Well-Known Member

Correct, no Touchdown (don't even know what it is).

6. OmegaSMP

OmegaSMP Active Member

Yeah, I'm curious too...I know this is the second thread on this issue, so I'm officially concerned.

7. ahahn

link to the other thread, pls?

8. ahahn

sorry, now I see it. hmm, why didn't I see that thread before?

9. DowntownEB

DowntownEB New Member

BEK - In regards to the Lockpicker you referenced. I just set up my phone with exchange at work and inputting my password every time I sit it down is a pain in the arse. Is lockpicker an app the makes that go away....Thanks

10. bferra01

bferra01 New Member

If you use numeric passcode with activesync the reboot loop wil occur. I corrected this by changing the passcode to alpha.

11. jupiterriver

jupiterriver New Member

I had the problem and decided not to load the firmware update. I have not had the problem since then.